Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I didn't expect this when I signed up...

Things that don't bother me anymore
  1. Having various chewed things spit into my hand
  2. Michael drinking the bath water
  3. Poopy diapers
  4. Sponge Bob Square Pants
  5. Having a car seat in my car

Things that do bother me now

  1. The phrase, "You really should..."
  2. People that forget what it was like to raise a child
  3. Not having my toe nails polished
  4. How disturbing the News is
  5. Murray from the Wiggles

Things I never expected to say

  1. Please don't eat my hair
  2. Well, that's what happens if you punch yourself in the face
  3. If you say "yes" I'll give you a cookie
  4. Spit
  5. Wow, I got 6.5 hours of sleep last night, I feel great!

Things I never want to say again

  1. Please don't eat my hair
  2. Well, that's what happens if you punch yourself in the face
  3. If you say "yes" I'll give you a cookie
  4. Spit
  5. Wow, I got 3 straight hours of sleep last night, I feel great!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

That was great! I was reading and thinking, "Spit?" and then thought "Ooooohhh yeah...I've said that, too." And the 6.5 hrs of sleep thing...laughed out loud in my office reading that...you took the words right out of my mouth!

Angela said...

That's hilarious girlie :-) And so true :-)

Maria said...

Joanna-
I said exactly the same thing yesterday..."that's what happens when you punch yourself in the face" I thought I was the only one, but I guess it's not so uncommon among toddlers. Ha! So very entertaining, aren't they?

Mama Mia said...

I love it, please don't eat my hair!

Deanna said...

Stop on by and pick up your award! I love passing these things around! :)

Zoey's Mommy said...

LOL!! The funny things we say to our kids! Not too long ago I started clapping and praising Zoey when she went poop in the potty. Thank god we weren't in a public restroom. The other people would have thought I was nuts!

I LOVE reading your blogs!! You should have some kind of parenting column in a newspaper or something. I'd read it!