Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Is this really quality time?

I really wish that I had some cute Michael story to share today, however I ended up spending much of last evening on the phone with my DSL provider while Andy and Michael played together. I wouldn't resent the time I spent on the phone as much if I actually had connectivity at the end of it all, but I don’t. I’m still trying to figure out how the problem can be with Internet Explorer on one computer when both computers and the iTouch are not connecting. The tech knew I wasn’t a satisfied customer when I finally hung up, but pushing the problem off on a slow computer just doesn’t cut it for me. I’ll give the line a few days to dry out, and if we don’t get service back, the competition will be getting my business. This is not the first problem we have had, and probably not the last.

I did spend a little quality time on myself last night. I bought the Indiana Jones Lego game for my Nintendo DS and I’ve been playing it every chance I get. I’ve never been much for video games, and I cringe at the thought that someday Michael may spend hours a day playing them. But, at least I get it now. I’m having a blast collecting money, blowing things up, and beating up random bad guys. Who knew it could be so much fun?

I think Andy is finding the whole thing very amusing. He’s a big video game fan, and has always been a little frustrated by my lack of interest in them. It was a big surprise to him when I actively purchased the game for myself this weekend. I don’t think he’s very happy about the fact that I’m hogging my own game and not letting him play it, but the fact that I bought a PINK DS should have sent the message loud and clear that this one’s all mine.

(I must confess, I do get a little too into the game. Last night Andy caught me flipping it off. Who knew that road rage would have manifested itself as the result of a video game?)

2 comments:

-Bridget said...

If you like that, let me introduce you to a little game called World of Warcraft. You might see Michael again when he's 10, but that's not really the point.

Heidi Ongbongan said...

I, suddenly, can't hear anyone or anything when I have the sudoku on my nintendo ds. Glad you found a game that you like.