Thursday, July 3, 2008

Michael has planted a bunch of sunflowers on my mother’s balcony. By planted, I mean that he dumped her birdseed into her flower pots. Quite surprisingly, he’s managed to grow a very healthy crop of small sunflowers. My mom has been providing me with frequent updates over the spring and summer.

Yesterday, when I went to get Michael out of my mom’s car he presented me with a small bouquet of sunflowers. Somehow, he managed to keep them safe on the ride home, which is not something I would expect from a two year old. He looked so pleased with himself when he handed them to me that I almost cried.

Here they are.
Photobucket

It's hard to beleive that the child that did this

Photobucket

and this

Photobucket

could do something so sweet. Of course, I did have to remove him from the table once. He tried to retrieve them later in the evening.

3 comments:

Maria said...

That is so sweet, perhaps he'll be a gardener when he grows up!

Heidi Ongbongan said...

That is really nice. Max is always wanting to buy me flowers at Costco with my money. It is the thought that counts on that right? That's great that he was able to grow them and care for them and then give them to you.

-Bridget said...

Such a clever boy! I feel like quite the dummy for not realizing you could plant birdseed. Duh!

The flowers look great!