Friday, July 11, 2008

Was it his charm or the bubbles?

Michael was the most popular boy in town last night. He had four gorgeous little girls ranging from 20 months to 5 years swarming around him. Wow, did he love the attention. I kept expecting to glance over at him only have him grin and wink at me.

I’d like to think that they were flocking to him because of his dashing good looks, or his charming personality. I mean he does have those tousled blond curls and he did share...several times...without too much prompting. Unfortunately, I think the primary draw was the bubble machine.

For Michael’s second birthday he received a little lion that blows lots of bubbles when you squeeze it’s handle. It burns through batteries, is always sticky, and works intermittently; but when it does work, it fills the neighborhood with hundreds or little bubbles. And, as it turns out, little girls seem to love bubbles. I sacrificed an entire bottle of bubbles and 2 AA batteries so he could be the center of attention for an hour. It was totally worth it.

So, I wonder what lesson Michael learned from this? That girls love pretty, shinny things? If he did, I hope he uses the knowledge responsibly as he grows up. Also, I wonder if he would share that little trick with Andy? Mama wouldn’t mind a few pretty, shinny things herself.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I would like to think it was his dashing good looks that attracted the ladies...not the bubble machine!

-Bridget said...

Reagan loves the bright, shiny. Maybe later in life she'll notice the kid behind the bubblemaker.

Zoey's Mommy said...

Did you ever think that maybe it was a combination of the bubble machine AND his good looks?! Zoey is obsessed with bubbles. Good thing ya'll don't live in our neighborhood, otherwise, she'd be all over him!

Audrey said...

Bubble machines are awesome. Where I work, we have a preschool on the property and the kids never tire of the bubbles. They love them.

Deanna said...

They may have come over for the bubbles but they stayed because of his charm! :)

Mama Mia said...

Totally his charm!