Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wii Fit, Teething, and Gossip

No, the three topics have nothing to do with one another. I've just had some random thoughts floating around and wanted to get them down.

  • Our Wii Fit arrived yesterday. First, let me just say that Wii Alerts rocks. I would say that even if I had not spent a hot Sunday morning standing in front of Target with a wired two year old only to be turned away because we were twelfth in line and they only had four.

    I didn’t have much time to play with the Wii Fit last night, but what I did do was very cool. The instant feedback on my balance was very impressive. I was surprised when my “trainer” used the feedback to provide me with guidance on how to correct the problem, and it actually worked. It was pretty cool, even if it is creepy to have a computer tell me what to do. I’m really hoping that this can help me find those abdominal muscles that went missing long before I ever got pregnant.

  • I hate teething. I mean I really hate it. I’ve had the ADA Primary Tooth Eruption chart bookmarked since Michael was about 7.5 months old. His first three teeth came in easily, but every tooth since has been a nightmare. When he’s teething, Michael refuses to eat, battles naps, clings to me like Velcro, and bites me. It’s awesome.

    Michael has 18 of his set of 20. Those last two are taking their time. I keep risking my fingers trying to feel for them, but those little buggers seem to be staying put for now. I guess we’ll keep up on the Tylenol and hope that they pop through and provide much needed relief for everyone in the house. Just two more to go.

  • Last week, a friend of mine gossiped to me about one of my very close friends. It was a juicy little tidbit that one of her friends told her my friend had said. At first I was really upset that 1) I think it’s probably true and 2) that he didn’t feel comfortable telling me. But, after thinking about it for a while, I realized I don’t really care. It’s his business, it doesn’t hurt me, and it’s not about to ruin my friendship with him. If he wants to talk about it, fine. If not, fine. But I’ll tell you what. I sure won’t be telling her anything personal.

5 comments:

-Bridget said...

Good luck on your Wii Fit! I hope it doesn't turn on you!

Karen said...

I love celeb gossip but it's just not the same in real life!

Do some Wii Fit for me!!

LauraC said...

Please oh please give some Wii fit reviews! I'm dying to check it out myself but we're trying to reach some other financial goals right now. Boring!

Heidi Ongbongan said...

I am jealous of the wii fit. I really want to get it as well. Has Michael tried it or can toddlers even play?

Joanna said...

Heidi - It's not really for toddlers. Plus, I already have to fight both Andy and Michael for my DS, I think well keep the Wii to ourselves for now. Hey, it's not like video games are for kids...