Monday, August 25, 2008

Just one little word

We had a wonderful weekend, and when I have a little more time, I'll share it with you all. But, for now I want to touch on the most important thing that happened this weekend. It only took a moment, it only took a breath, it was only one word. But in that one second I knew that my life will never be the same.

It was a normal evening. Andy and I took Michael out to the local golf shop. Andy has been looking at a putter that he really likes, and I decided to buy it for him for his birthday. The store has a wide open putting green with several holes, lots of balls, about 200 clubs surrounding it, and some sort of machine that must do something terribly important. In other words, it's about as tempting as you can make a place for a two year old.

Michael and I have been working on appropriate golf store behavior for several months now. It has resulted in several trips out of store with him screaming and flailing in my arms - oh, and maybe an entire rack of drivers being knocked over. But, he has learned how to behave pretty well in golf stores, which he demonstrated beautifully on Friday.

Then, it happened. The moment that I have both yearned for and dreaded for months now.

Me: Michael, please leave those clubs alone.

Michael: Why?

My jaw just dropped as I stood there frozen. So, Pandora's box has been opened. Wish me strength.

6 comments:

Karla said...

Oh boy! Here you go....

London said...

Nice! I was about to say exactly what Karla said. Here you go!

LauraC said...

OH.... MY.... GOD!
You are totally and completely screwed. Sorry.

LauraC said...

PS. I saw your shoes at DSW over the weekend. They were so much sweeter IRL.

Kaycee said...

Haha!!! I have been awaiting that torturous word as well, thankfully haven't heard it just yet.

Good luck! HEHE!

Julie said...

You crack me up!