Well, after a nice relaxing week off, I'm back to work, and back to my blog. I have some stories to tell, but they will have to wait until I've caught up with my email. Instead, I'm going to give you my responses to being tagged by Laura.
First, post a picture of you and your kid(s):
1. How many children do you have? One
2. What are their ages?
2 years and 4 months
3. What time do you start your day?
5:00 am on weekdays. 9:00 am on Saturday and between 6:30 and 7:30 on Sunday
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
A Sesame bagel with strawberry cream cheese and a large fountain Diet Coke
5. Do your kids watch TV?
6. What are their favorite activities?
Current favorites are playing with his trains or with his letter.
7. Do you get a break during the day for some you time?
Michael goes to bed at 7:30 so I normally end up on the exercise bike by 8:00. I read while I’m on the bike, so that sort of counts as me time. Most nights I get from 9:00 – 10:00 to relax. As long as I don’t have bills to pay, dinner to prep for the next day, laundry that needs to be done…Sigh.
8. How do you end your day?
See number 7 above. Just add collapsing into bed exhausted at 10:00 pm.
9. What is your best parenting advice or tip? I have two tips. 1) Outside is almost always better. It’s the best place to calm a temper tantrum, keep a bored child occupied, wear a child out, get fresh air, you name it. 2) No one, not your mom, your pediatrician, or that mom who has been there done that, knows your child better than you do. Trust that.