Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tagged

I've gotten several tags this week, and I think I'll do them today while I'm feeling a little bit too overwhelmed to pull off another picture post.

My first tag was from Kaycee who tagged me with a MeMe!Here are the rules: Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences on your blog along with these instructions. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST. Tag five other people to do the same.

I promised Kaycee I would do this from home where I have more than two books, and the likelihood of it not being extremely, mind numbingly boring is much higher. However, she's probably GIVING BIRTH at this very moment, and won't realize that I lied until she comes out of that new baby haze in a few weeks. So, here goes!

Oh...I'm not going to torture you with the Using Access 97 manual. Not only is is boring, it's out of date. But, to do this and have it be relevant, I'll have to break the rules. Won't be the first time.

From Leading & Facilitating High Performance Work Teams from the Daniel Management Center...

What People Want from their Jobs: Different perceptions, in rank order (I'll give the top five)

Manager's Perceptions of Workers Wants
Good wages
Job Security
Promotion/Growth
Good Working conditions
Interesting Work

Worker's Perceptions
Full Appreciation for work
Feeling "in" on things
Sympathetic Understanding
Job Security
Good Wages

It's actually a good book, if you are into that kind of thing. If you happen to be a manager, please note that worker's care more about having their work recognized that getting paid for it.

Now, because I'm getting to this late, I think just about everyone has gotten the tag. But I'll still try to tag a few of you.

Karen

Heidi O

Deanna

Then, Beth tagged me with some randomness


1. I discovered that I'm allergic to Fox in my taxidermy class in college.

2. Not only can I roll my tongue, I can also fold it in half, and flip it over.

3. I don't like the color red.

4. My handwriting is atrocious.

5. Two of my permanent teeth never grew in.

6. I've had dinner with the dude that played Leather Face in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre .

7. I grew up in a house that was built on a small cemetery.

No comments: