Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tidbits

I still have a bunch of vacation pictures to post, but I'm just not going to get to it today. So, instead I'm going to go with some random tidbits.

Yesterday, Michael seemed to turn the corner with the whole daycare thing. When I picked him up he was happy to see me, but didn't come rushing over. The only time he cried was at drop of. He even relinquished his shirt and binky without a fight. He also took a two hour nap. I was thrilled.When we got home, Michael had a major meltdown because he wanted to go in and get milk and stay outside and play at the same time. He seemed overwhelmed by the enormity of the decision and just lost it. I tried to comfort him, but I think he just needed to get it out. I don't blame him. I get that way to sometimes.

My mom came over for dinner. After we were done, I let Michael out of his chair, while we continued to talk. Michael took the opportunity to have a "private moment". He was having it behind our sheer curtains, so I suggested that he go into the bathroom. He thought it was a good idea, and ran into the bathroom to...well, use it for what it's designed for. A few minutes later we hear the toilet flush. I checked to make sure nothing had gone down the toilet and then went back to chatting with my mom. Then, we hear the toilet seat slam. This time when I went to check on him, his arms were wet, the toilet seat was wet, and there were wet hand prints all over the wall. Guess who got a bath last night?

3 comments:

Heidi O said...

ehhhh! lol. It sounds like Michael is on the road to diaper freedom.

I am glad that daycare is going better. In my case, Maggie seems happy to be away from me. She loves playing with her friends and doesn't want to be with boring old mom. boo

How is your mom? I hope she is feeling better.

Mama Mia said...

I am so glad that daycare is going better....

Kaycee said...

Oh goodness.. LOL! I guess toilets look super fun! I know i've caught Cami playing "with" it a few times.

Good news on the daycare thing, though I know it's prob more fun when he runs to you when you get there.