Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Creepy Crawly Update

I went down to the basement last night to find a book. When I did, I discovered camel cricket #1 hopping around. I had no shoes or phone books handy, so I found an old copy of Shell Silverstein's A Light In the Attic and flung it the cricket. That's what I call death by poetry.

Later, I came down with some paper towels to dispose of the evidence. I moved the book, picked up the bug - holding it as far from my body as possible - and opened the laundry room door to throw it in the trash. When I flipped on the light, a big old centipede ran up the wall. I squealed, and jumped back. It got away. So much for my shoe threat. Next time buddy, next time.

P.S. No, I did not take the pictures of the bugs from yesterday's post. They were pilfered from the internetz. Squealing and running does not lend itself to capturing pictures of vicious insects.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

You are a better woman than I am. I kill pretty much all bugs inside, even the "good" ones. I need to send a message to the bugs in our neighborhood - NIMH (not in my house!).

Oh wait, that was a lab where they experimented on animals. I have to think of another slogan for the bugs.

London said...

Ug ug ug!!! That's the sound of me shuddering, I hate bugs of any kind! Thank goodness we only have the occaisional roach. Oh and the squirrels in the attic.

Be thankful, my sil is dealing with a mouse in her kitchen that she can't seem to catch!

Julie said...

Death by poetry! You crack me up!

Melissa said...

LOL I was wondering how you took those amazingly good pictures of those creepy bugs. I imagined you down on their level with a really good telephoto lens!