Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

I was going to do this as a wordless Wednesday post, but decided that finding all of the pictures was too much work. Plus, the pilfered bug pictures are enough copyright infringement for me this week.

The first thing I am thankful for is my family. I have an incredible husband, who loves me and accepts me, even when I can be a little crazy. I’m blessed with the sweetest, funniest little boy in my entire world. My parents are extremely supportive, and my brother and sister are always there for me when I need them. (I’m even thankful for them calling me Baby Sister, but don’t tell them.)

I’m also thankful for living in a country, that while not perfect, gives me rights beyond what many in this world can only dream about. I can vote, I can own property, and I can work in a male dominated industry.

I am thankful for the food on my plate and the roof over my head.

I am thankful for Diet Coke, and so are the people that deal with me first thing in the morning.

I am thankful for all of my friends, both in the “real” world, and on the internet. It’s nice to know that anytime I need advice or a shoulder to cry on I can count on some wise words and compassion to come my way.

I am thankful for music, books, and needle crafts, and having the time to enjoy them.

I am thankful for my nice comfy bed. I love to sleep.

And, I am thankful that my sister is an excellent cook, even if it does take me a week's worth of exercise to burn off everything I eat tomorrow. There’s just nothing like catching up with family while sitting around the table with the button on your jeans undone.

3 comments:

Maria said...

It sounds like you are very blessed.

Heidi O said...

Thanks for the post. It is always a great reminder when I see other people giving thanks. And know that I appreciate your sense of humor and kindness. Hopefully some day we can actually meet in person.

LauraC said...

Seriously Joanna, I am so sad we do not live closer. The diet coke line almost made me spit out my own coffee, the coffee that makes me tolerable to anyone in the mornings.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.