Thursday, November 6, 2008

I intended to post about Michael today. He finished off the last of his second round of antibiotics earlier this week, and has really been getting back to himself. He's been charming, funny, and very lovey. He's been sick for almost a month, and I had forgotten just how silly he can be.

One of the stories that I wanted to share happened the other night. I was in the living room with Michael, and Andy was in the kitchen. I don't remember what Michael was doing, but he kept saying that things were "icky" and "gross". (Words he first learned in reference to my cooking.)

Andy called into the living room and said, "You're icky and gross."

Michael laid back on the sofa and responded, "No I'm not. I'm PERFECT."

I laughed so hard I though I was going to pee myself.

He's humble too.

But, I never got around to posting during the day for two reasons:
  • I used to work a program that was not very interesting or challenging - which explains my high number of posts on BBC. I have been transitioning to a new program for a few months now, and in the last week I've been moved in with my group, and formally transferred to a new program. I'm busy, challenged, and excited to go to work for the first time in too long. Which is good, just not for my blog.
  • My mom called me at about 9:30 to let me know that Michael was running a fever again. So much for things being back to normal.

I have no idea what is wrong with him this time. He's running a fever, but he doesn't seem to have any other symptoms. No ear pain, no sore throat, no tummy ache. His knee, which is his attention getting boo boo of the moment, doesn't even hurt. He also seems to be in good spirits. After giving him Motrin, he actually ate dinner and even found the energy to pounce on me a few times. But he's still pretty warm. If he's still running a fever tomorrow, I guess it's back to the doctor.

4 comments:

LauraC said...

With no other symptoms, not sure if you need to take him to the doc unless he spikes a high fever. I would call the nurse line to ask... and save yourself the cash until he does exhibit signs.

N&A have come home with so many mystery fevers that are just labelled "virus."

I was just thinking I missed hearing your thoughts on BBC!!

Deanna said...

Fevers are so frustrating when you don't know what's causing them. What am I saying? They're frustrating when we do know what's causing them. I hope this passes quickly. I know ya'll will be glad when the sick days have passed. I'm glad that your job is exciting again! That feels good when you're challenged and enjoy your work. I haven't had that in about 2 years...am pondering what to do next, but I need to let the economy settle out a bit more.

PS - I have a giveaway going on - check it out!

Steph said...

Hope he's feeling better soon.

DesiDVM said...

We've been in random fever land this week too -- the night before last all the way up to 104!! We were 2 seconds away from the ER when it decided to break on its own a little while later...still a little febrile today but of course acting totally normal.