Friday, November 21, 2008

It’s funny how that works.

The local news did a story on the Twilight movie this morning. They had clips of a ton of teenage girls who saw the movie at midnight last night, and were just swooning over Edward Cullen. They even interviewed one girl who said she was going to marry him. (Oh, I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure I could take her.)

When I called my mom this morning, she just happened to mention that she was really enjoying the copy of Twilight that I had lent her this past summer and that she would like to borrow the rest of the books. How weird is it that she never mentioned the book until the day the movie came out?

Then, when I walked over to get my lunch, I saw a few people trying to have a snow ball fight with the first snow of the year. It was just like in the book. (Well, minus the teenagers and vampires and all, but you know what I mean.)

During lunch, I decided to look up the address of my sister’s rental house so I would know where we are going on Thanksgiving. It’s on Cullen Way! Dude!

I’ve been debating about whether or not to see the movie, and now I’m sure this is a sign that I should go to see it. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course I was planning to go see it. I just need to figure out who to go with. My mom? Nah, that takes all the fun out of it. Andy? Hmm…I don’t know. Maybe I could slip into the movie and look like I the mom of one of the giggling, swooning teenagers who’s just giving the girls some space.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I think you definitely have to see it now. I'll admit I haven't even heard of it though. I'm just so far out of the loop. If it doesn't have to do with Disney, I just don't have a clue.

Melissa said...

LOL What crazy coincidences! It looks like it was meant to be..

Zoey's Mommy said...

I think you'll have to see it! Although I must say, from what I've read from the reviews, it's not nearly as good as people thought it would be. Still brought in a butt load of money, so it can't be too bad!

JenFen said...

You should definitely go see it so I have someone who has read the book and is over the age of 21 to talk about it with. None of my other blogger friends have seen it and you'll always wonder. I was disappointed but I knew that going in because the book is always better.