Friday, November 7, 2008

Lessons Learned

  • If your child is on antibiotics, DO NOT delay poopy diaper changes
  • Bubble Gum flavored medicine does not really taste like bubble gum
  • A child that refuses to eat most foods will actually eat an orange lollipop and mac ‘n cheese for dinner
  • If you feed a dog alphabet soup, it will talk (It was bad enough when PBS Kids gave Gilbert Godfrey a speaking roll, did they really need to create an annoying talking dog? I’ll stick with Clifford)
  • All attempts of exposing my son to classical music go out the window as soon as Daddy turns on Queen
  • My son dances like the pasty white boy that he is

Also, take a moment to pop over to Momgineering. Deanna is doing a nautral soap give away and all you need to do is share your favorite pumpkin treats. (Which means I'll be monitoring her comments for goodies!)

7 comments:

Maria said...

Classical music is overrated...classic music is way better. Fat bottom girls is one of our favorites!

LauraC said...

Oh yes we learned that antibiotic lesson way too early! Also if someone has GI irritation from antibiotics, do not introduce new foods!

Do you ever watch Yo Gabba Gabba? All the kids dance horribly. It's fun to watch!

Zoey's Mommy said...

I second the show Yo Gabba Gabba! Although I admit the first few times I watched it, I wondered how high the producers were but after a while, it grows on you. And its so cute when Zoey dances to it. I'm sure Michael would just love it!

Oh, and we tried the baby Mozart and Beethoven cds and Zoey would much rather listen to classic rock!

Mama Mia said...

B loves Queen too. he sings Mama Mia Mama Mia..

Heidi O said...

Classic rock is a favorite by my kids and that includes hair bands of the 80s. lol. But then they both like kanye west and alicia keys. go figure

Karen said...

We spend lots of time in the car and listen mostly to top 40 music. After he repeated some of the song lyrics yesterday, I realized that I may need to choose what we listen to more carefully!

Anonymous said...

We have the opposite music problem here. Cole is all about classical music (and Raffi), but expresses no interest in rock. I never listened to much classical music before he came along, but now he insists. Oh, and he totally can't dance.
-Stacey