Tuesday, November 25, 2008

List

Laura did a post on Saturday about the List. It really got me thinking about the things I would like to do before I die. I started to get concerned, because I couldn’t really think of many things. I’ve already accomplished a lot. I’ve gotten my Masters, bought a house, gotten married, and had a child. Not too shabby. But, now that I’m here, I think I may have started to become a little complacent.

It’s ok to be complacent for a little while. With a two and a half year old in the house, sometimes just maintaining the status quo is more than I can ask for. However, Michael is going to grow up, and I need to start setting goals for the future.

This will be a work in progress. Here is what I have so far.

  • Travel to every U.S. State and Canadian Providence/Territory
  • Go on a cruise
  • Get another degree – I’m thinking Systems Engineering, or maybe not
  • Retire comfortably
  • Have something published

It’s a little unnerving putting this out there. Now I feel like I have to start taking action toward at least one of those goals. I guess that’s the point, isn’t it?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

No, I don't think you have to start making progress towards one of the goals. I'm not making progress towards any of my goals right now, they are just things I really want to do.

And if you want to hit North Dakota, let me know bc:

1. There's NOTHING there.
2. We can do some kind of meetup in Fargo. I can show you around, since I've been there so many times.

I suggest staying one day and then getting the hell out of dodge to a more interesting state like South Dakota.

Carole said...

You have done so much with your life already, you are really living the dash! Cute blog!