Monday, December 15, 2008

It all makes sense now

Michael has been doing really well since he returned to my mother’s care during the day. He is thrilled to spend time with Grandma and often asks to go and visit her. Of course, he often asks for her when I’m making him do something he doesn’t want to do, like sleep. But, he’s always happy to see her in the morning.

Michael and my mom have been taking several classes at the community center. One class is swimming, which he likes. My mom often brings a lunch for them, and they attend open swim in the early afternoon. Michael is always pleasantly exhausted on those days. They are also taking a music class, which provides Michael a chance to spend time around other kids. He seems to like the music better than the kids, but he certainly has fun.

He has gotten one cold since leaving daycare. I know where he got it to. The train table at Barnes and Noble. I’m starting to come to terms with the fact that he’s going to pick up germs, and that playing with trains is worth it. What is really nice is that he seems to be handling this cold better than the ones he had when he was in daycare. So, while his nose has been a mess, so far his ears seem fine. (I’m knocking on wood, crossing my fingers, and even throwing some salt over my shoulder for good measure. Please don’t jinx me.)

I normally call my mom in the morning to get a feel for how Michael is doing, and so I can hear his cute little voice in the background. I never really know what to expect to hear when I call. Sometimes Michael is spouting off about letters, other times he’s climbing on the sofa and pouncing on my mom. Recently, he’s been forcing my poor mother to watch a dinosaur video over and over and over. I hear “play it again”, then my mom rewinding, then the song “Big, Bad Rex” comes on and Michael sings along.

This morning was a little different. The first thing I noticed was that there was no dinosaur video playing in the background. In fact, it was unusually quiet. When Michael realized that my mom was on the phone, he decided that he no longer wanted to play alone. He needed her attention. She started talking to him about putting something on the computer. The next thing I hear are, um…toots, followed by lots of giggles.

Mom, just what is going on there?

She gave me the link to this…






And she has the nerve to call my dad crass? Ha!

This is the woman that raised me. So, now you know how I ended up like I did.

3 comments:

Maria said...

We love this video...it was on our favorites for over a year!

London said...

I'm glad he's happy to be back with Grandma. I can't imagine how spoiled Elijah would get if he stayed with my mom all the time. Or the awful habits he would pick up from my dad!

Deanna said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I've replayed like 4 times already and keep laughing! I'm so juvenile! I LOVE IT!