Thursday, January 8, 2009

T-Rex

Thanks for all of the guesses. I got a good laugh reading them today. All of your guesses make a lot of sense. My first guess was Hangman, and the "F" is pretty noticeable too. My mom assured me that it is, in fact, a T-Rex. Deanna's description "That's not two legs...it's a tail in the back and his legs are together so they look like one in front. And that's head on top and an eyeball (a really really big eyeball)." Pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure if it's really impressive, or scary, that she understands what's going on in my two and a half year old's mind.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% convinced that it was a T-Rex until she dropped Michael off last night. He had his magnadoodle with him, and when I looked at it he had drawn two more "F" shaped T-Rexes. They looked so much like the first one that it almost has to be intentional.

I am completely floored that he is drawing like this. His language skills never surprised me because I...um...sort of talk a lot, and have since I was very young. (Excessively, some might say.) But, I cannot draw at all. In fact, if I tried to draw a T-Rex, it wouldn't look much better than what Michael did. This is something completely foreign to me. I've seen Andy doodle a little bit, but I think he may be hiding something.

Oh, JenFen, your Lord of the Dance comparison made me laugh so hard my coworkers looked at me like I'm crazy. They aren't buying my line about some really funny Excel files. I'm so busted.

3 comments:

Denise said...

so cute! I guessed wrong.

JenFen said...

I am so not funny in real life (even if I am a Funny Nose) so I am glad I could get you busted like that. LOL!

-Bridget said...

I had a great time reading everyone's guesses. This is a daily activity at our house too. Reagan attempts to draw actual pictures too, some are definitely more obvious than others.