Friday, January 30, 2009

Urp! Blech…

We had a great evening last night. Michael was in a great mood when he got home. He was all smiles, and very agreeable. He even joined us for dinner agreeably. In fact, he was in such a good mood; I decided to take him in for a hair cut. He was getting pretty shaggy.

At the salon, he was such a big boy. He sat in the chair by himself and was very obliging as the stylist used clippers, scissors and even the trimmer on him. At one point she got some hair on his nose, and while I could tell it was bothering him, he did nothing more than stick his bottom lip out and try to blow it off. I brushed it away for him as soon as I could do it without getting in the way. When she was done, he hoped down and ran over to the lollipop bucket and waited patiently for me to get him one. I was so proud.

When we got home, I gave him a quick bath and got him ready for bed. He went down easily. I was able to get my workout and shower in, relax, and still get to bed a little early. Life was good…

…until I started to drift off to sleep. That’s when we heard the noises that we didn’t want to hear. No, not Mr. Fuzzy in the attic. Gag, urp, wah sounds. %#$@.

I really don’t know what is going on here. I’ve never seen a stomach bug quite like it. There is supposed to be a bad one going around, but this really isn’t a bad one. Michael threw up Friday night, never ran a fever, and aside from a few messy diapers, he’s been fine all week. He’s even been eating. I’ve got it too, and once again, it’s pretty mild. But, it just won’t go away. I hate not knowing what’s going on, but I know that if we head to the doctor that he’ll just tell me it’s some kind of virus and I need to make sure Michael stays hydrated.

We are getting pretty good at the clean up process. I take Michael (including the occasional hand catch. Ewww…) and Andy gets the rest of the stuff. Last night, we got lucky. I had the Ultimate Crib sheet on the bed, and Michael managed to keep everything over it. Yay for not having to get out the carpet scrubber! We had Michael bathed and every thing cleaned up in record time last night.

Michael wanted to go downstairs for a little while, and since we only have one Ultimate Crib sheet, which was now in the laundry, I thought that was a good idea. I put on his dinosaur DVD to distract him from asking for milk and Shirt. When Andy was done cleaning, I sent him to bed. No reason for both of us to be up.

I wanted to get Michael back to bed, but he refused to go until Shirt was dry. It’s a good thing too; because it turned out he wasn’t done. He gave me enough warning that I was able to get a bucket in front of him in time. This was a much welcomed first in our house.

I finally got him back to bed at midnight. He snuggled right in with Shirt still warm from the dryer. Then I tip-toed down the hall in the dark so that I wouldn’t wake Andy. I snuck around the bed and into the bathroom without turning the lights on, and walked smack dab into the closet that Andy had left open while rushing to get me some towels. So much for not waking Andy. Oops.

I checked with my mom, and Michael is doing ok this morning. He’s tired, but that’s to be expected. My stomach is still gurgling and I’m pretty tired too since I only got about 4.5 hours of sleep. I really hope that whatever this is, it goes away soon. Thank goodness it’s Friday.

10 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I hope you both get better soon. Poor Michael. I know it is hard to watch your kid be sick. Analese is sick now, not stomach thank goodness.

LauraC said...

Sorry to hear he is still sick! The first vomiting virus the boys got, they vomited for three days and after that, they would vomit every 23 hours, right when the clock would have to start over for day care (must be vomit-free for 24 hours before returning).

They were 3 months old. I thought I would die. Now having them puke in a bucket seems like a dreamworld.

Maria said...

Oh, yuck! So sorry you aren't feeling well again...still...ugh. Hope this weekend is the end of the sickness for all of you.

Mel said...

I just left you an award on my blog!

Steph said...

Cooper had that mild virus a few weeks ago- it is weird that it is so mild, and wow, would I love for him to use a bucket/bowl, well, anything other than himself, me, the floor, etc! Hope you have a restful weekend!

Zoey's Mommy said...

:(

I hope you all get better soon!

Julie said...

Yuk, yuk and yuk! I hope you are all feeling better soon. Tummy bugs are the WORST!

-Bridget said...

Aw geesh! That's terrible. We've been fighting a lot of that here too.

But on a good note, it is a completely undercelebrated, underated milestone when they can tell you they are about to barf. Wahoo for hitting that one!

Melissa said...

Yuck! That's what we went through last week. It's a terrible long-lasting virus! I hope you both start feeling better soon.

Mama Mia said...

Oh I hope you all feel better. We had that last year, and I remember how hard it was..HUGS