Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I can’t believe I did it again

Tuesdays are my late day at work. I have to stay at least an hour past the normal end of my shift. To accommodate for this, Andy picks up Michael, and I prepare a crock pot dinner. That way, when I get home our schedule isn’t thrown off too much, and I still get to spend time with Michael.

On Sunday I pulled the pork roast out of the freezer to thaw. *patting myself on back for remembering* On Monday I remembered to set the cream cheese out to soften. *Pat pat* Before bed, I browned the pork, cut up the potatoes and made the cream cheese, ranch dressing sauce. I remembered to put the crock pot liner in before adding the ingredients. *Arm is getting sore from patting my own back*

Tuesday morning I pulled the crock pot out and placed it in the sleeve and I plugged it in. Then, off to work forgetting about dinner for the day.

At 2:50 and called me. “You forgot to turn on the crock pot.”

“%$#&” *Smacking myself on the forehead*

“I’ll pick up something for dinner on my way home.”

This is at least the third time I have done this. I know I have a tendency to forget to turn it on, so I have a process to make sure I double check it before leaving the house. This process failed. I wish I could blame this on age or being a working mom, but the truth is, I’m a dingbat sometimes.

Andy didn’t tease me, I like that about him.

6 comments:

LauraC said...

How about a process where Andy double-checks it before he leaves? Or a post-it on the door to the garage?

My brain can only hold so much in the mornings. I have a series of post-its for each morning that I set up the night before:

* Monday - bring sheets, blankets, diapers, and wipes to day care

* Tuesday - set out CSA box

* Wednesday - take out trash. Show and Tell day for boys.

* Thursday - leave house key for cleaners

* Friday - plan booze for weekend

Mel said...

That totally totally bites! All that preparation gone to waste. And it probably wasn't salvagable I'm guessing. I think we have all done dingbat things at some time or another. I know I've had my share.

-Bridget said...

Oh, that sucks! That roast sounds like it would have been way better than pizza.

Zoey's Mommy said...

Don't feel too bad. I've done a bunch of things like that. I'm pretty much a bonehead sometimes.

DesiDVM said...

Every smart woman has her dingbat moments. Mine? Every single Monday I forget my office keys are hanging on the pegboard at home and I have to act like a criminal and use a plastic card to pop open my office door. If I forget the old credit card I use for this purpose, I have to sit up front with the receptionists all day to use their computers and phones. Every. Single. Monday. Despite numerous sticky notes and "memos" on my cell phone.

Mama Mia said...

I do that type of stuff ALL THE TIME