Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twofer

Some days, life is just sweet.

When I picked up Michael yesterday, I walked into my mom’s apartment to find the blinds closed and the TV off. On the sofa, curled up with a fleece blanket, lay my sleeping baby boy. My mom was able to get him down for a nap. That’s five days in a row with a nap. I was thrilled.

When dinner time rolled around, I decided to push my luck with a food that Michael normally refuses to eat. Couscous. I haven’t even pushed it recently because it’s such a messy food for a preschooler to play with. But, I guess the earlier nap success made me brave, so I set the bowl down in front of him. Not only did he eat it, he ate it with peas. When he was done, he asked for more. Sweet!

Which does beg the question, “who are you, and what have you done with my son?”

7 comments:

LauraC said...

Sweet!

Maria said...

Naps are magical.

Mama Mia said...

GOOD FOR YOU

Karla said...

LOL Thats awesome!!!

Mel said...

Maybe another growth spurt with the napping and eating? Anyway, that is awesome!

Karen said...

I often ask myself the same question!

Melissa said...

Nap days are great!