Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Three Down, One to Go

Michael started with the tummy bug on Sunday. It's not as bad as the one from this winter. He hasn't thrown up yet. Mostly, he's just been lethargic and his diapers have been grosser than normal. Andy woke up with it yesterday, and I think he's been hit harder than Michael. He's made it to work, but there was no way on earth that he was going to attempt to eat the black bean chili I had made in the crock pot yesterday. That would only be adding fuel to the fire.

My mom has this tendency to deny illness, so when we were talking about how Michael was doing yesterday, she suggested that maybe Michael was lactose intolerant. I pointed out that aside from the fact that Michael is a milk addict who has been guzzling milk since he was 12 months, he also gave it to Andy. Yes, I suppose it is possible to develop an intolerance at 3, but I doubt that lactose intolerance is contagious. She agreed with me.

If she had any doubt remaining that Michael's symptoms are due a stomach virus, it's gone this morning. When I called to check in with her this morning the first thing out of her mouth was "ugh...I've got it."

So, it looks like whatever it is, it's pretty contagious. Please excuse me while I go and disinfect myself...

3 comments:

London said...

uh oh, I hope you can stay healthy! Yes, Twilight on Blu-Ray is great, I even convinced DH to sit and watch a few of the scenes because they just looked so darn amazing!

LauraC said...

Hope you don't get it too! Or have too much mess to clean up!

Beth said...

I'm sending you healthy vibes! And hoping Michael (and Andy!) get back to normal, soon.