Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Time

Last night I made Michael a potty chart. My mom tried this before, but Michael didn't respond to it. However, something seems to have clicked in his mind recently, I can't describe what it is really, but it just seemed like the right time to give it a try. I posted the chart on the wall, explained that he would get one sticker for pee and two for poo. Then when he actually did use the potty, I explained it again and placed his first sticker on it. I've promised him that when he fills the chart that I will take him to the toy store and let him pick out a toy. I hope it works.

I am a little concerned about what will happen if it does work. The other day, in a moment of weakness, I promised him his own computer if he potty trains. Please, oh please don't let him remember that.

6 comments:

LauraC said...

YAY MICHAEL!
And I'd recommend the ClickStart for a first computer. The boys sometimes bang like crazy on it and I'm totally fine with it. Plus you can buy more games to use as more incentive.

Beth said...

Woo-hoo Michael! He and William must be on the same schedule. Just this morning, William said he wanted to wear underwear. So he went to school in underwear. He peed on the sidewalk once we got to school (thank goodness it wasn't in his car seat!) but after changing him and leaving, he's been dry the rest of the morning and telling his teachers when he needs to use the potty. And he insisted on wearing underwear during his nap. I'm so proud of him! I guess we can't turn back now. Yikes! Hopefully Michael will keep up the good work!

Stacey said...

Good luck!

Karen said...

Must be the season for potty training..... My Michael has the Cars computer and he loves it. It has many numbers as well as letters games.

Zoey and Ford's Mommy said...

Yay!! Good luck to you both. We tried for forever to potty train Z but she wasn't having it. And then one day she woke up, went potty and wanted undies. She's been wearing them ever since!

Karla said...

Oooh Good Luck Michael (and Mommy!)! Hope you get that computer buddy! (lol)