Friday, July 10, 2009

Yay Me! I kept a straight face!

One of Andy's friends recently got married. They threw a shower for her at work, and I picked up her gift since I drive right past Bed, Bath & Beyond every day. I purchased a set of dishes for the soon to be bride and the clerk asked me if I would like it gift wrapped. I normally do this myself, but the box was heavy so I figured why not.

This, is why not.

Photobucket

I was a little concerned when the woman grabbed a plastic bag with a rose pattern on it. I mean really, that's just a garbage bag with flowers. It went downhill from there. To try and make the huge bag fit, she gathered the bag at the bottom and started wacking away with a stappler. Once she had it arranged to her liking, she flipped it over and tied the bow at the top. There were about 15 inches of plastic bag sticking over the top of the bow, so she grabbed her scissors and started hacking at the plastic. Nothing like adding the "gnawed" look to a gift to give it some sophistication. I repressed my giggles as she "fluffed" the ragged edges to make it look better. Really, this thing was so far gone that fluffing was not an option.

When she was done, she handed it to me and thank me for shopping in the store. The look on her face lead me to believe that she either really thought this was acceptable wrapping or that she's the best actress ever. Since I am not a good actress, I ran from the store as quickly as possible before bursting out laughing. I laughed the whole way to the grocery store were I picked up some suitable wedding shower wrapping supplies.

Really...I'm lazy, but even I couldn't give a gift that looked like that.

9 comments:

Carrie77 said...

Oh, you could have gotten away with it.. you could have said, oh, my husband wrapped it. ;) heehee! j/k

Karla said...

Wow! That's, umm....interesting. tee hee.

Mama Mia said...

WOW..

LauraC said...

THat is amazing. She must be a professional!

Stacey said...

Looks good to me.

Zoey and Ford's Mommy said...

Pretty much everything I wrap ends up looking like that! :O

Melissa said...

That is hysterical! I'm not sure I would have been able to supress my laughter while watching her struggle with the wrapping. Although, really I'm not a very good wrapper myself!

Julie said...

That is hilariously AWFUL!

Jolene said...

Wow, I have no words for that disaster. LOL
(Cute coffee mug on your table.)