Friday, August 7, 2009

Phone Photo Friday

Until recently, I never owned a cell phone with a camera due to security restrictions at work. This past winter they lifted the restrictions because it became impossible for anyone to purchase a quality phone without a camera. Having lived without a camera phone, I had no expectation that I would actually use it when I did get my iPhone. It turns out that I was wrong. I love my camera phone and use it all the time.

A few weeks ago I needed to do a Wal-Mart run. Our local Wal-Mart sucks, so this is not my favorite activity to begin with. Add a thunderstorm to the picture and the trip becomes highly undesirable. That is, until I pulled into the parking lot and the sun came out reveling a gorgeous late evening rainbow. I felt a little silly standing in the Wal-Mart parking lot taking pictures of the rainbow until I glanced over and saw a big, tough looking dude doing the very same thing.

From the left:

Photobucket

From the Right:

Photobucket

As I walked to the entrance, the sun came out even brighter and illuminated everything along the horizon. The contrast between the buildings and the sky was amazing.

Photobucket

4 comments:

LauraC said...

WOW!!
So was Wal-mart the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

Beth said...

Whoa--so cool! Ha ha ha, Laura. I never had a camera phone before my iPhone, so I totally forget that I have it! Phone Photo Friday is actually encouraging me to use it more!

Steph said...

That's a great use of your camera phone! I have a camera on my phone, but I'm so low tech w/it I can't send them anywhere so they're stuck on my phone.

What an awesome way to improve the dreaded trip to Wal Mart!

Mel said...

That is awesome! Beautiful! The iPhone really has a decent camera in it. Very good for full sun outdoor photos. Pretty good color accuracy too. I think I will do Phone Photo Friday this week. I have a bunch to dump out of my iPhone.