- I need recommendations for good workout songs to load on my iPod. Simon & Garfunkel and Nora Jones are not really the best performers to get pumped up to. I'm a little bit out of touch with pop music, so I don't even know where to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- I'm pretty sure that someone broke into my house last night and replaced my little baby with a kid. A tall kid with long legs who speaks like he's 13. Don't worry though, he's just as bossy as the baby Michael was. And just as cute.
- I'm sick and tired of hearing "these days" in TV commercials. Tell us how your product helps us or saves us money. The way advertisers us "these days" is clearly just playing on our fears. They want us to think that they understand how we feel. They want us to believe that their product will help us feel safe and secure. You know how I feel every time I hear "these days"? Just about the same way I feel every time I review the net loss in Michael's college fund or every time Andy's or my company announces upcoming layoffs. It's a real buzz kill when I'm trying to escape in some brainless TV watching.
- It's now dark again when we leave the house in the morning. Yesterday, I pointed out the moon to Michael. He looked up at the half moon and told me that the moon was broken. That made getting up so early worth it.
- Michael likes to dump his potty after he goes pee. He's very good about not spilling things, but recently he's taken to dropping the entire bowl into the big toilet. I then have to fish the bowl out of the toilet. In my attempts to prevent this the other day, Michael and I got into a tug of war with the full potty bowl. After a few tugs, Michael let go. The resulting momentum was enough to slosh pee up into the air, and onto my back. I've since reverted to plucking the bowl from the toilet.
- I have really bad PMS at the moment and I'm very tempted to raid the vending machine. If I do so, that will only increase my need for good workout songs.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Hey wait, that's not my blog feature, that's London's. But, I'm in such a random mood at the moment that I think randomness is about the best I can pull off today.