Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday Randomness...

Hey wait, that's not my blog feature, that's London's. But, I'm in such a random mood at the moment that I think randomness is about the best I can pull off today.

  • I need recommendations for good workout songs to load on my iPod. Simon & Garfunkel and Nora Jones are not really the best performers to get pumped up to. I'm a little bit out of touch with pop music, so I don't even know where to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • I'm pretty sure that someone broke into my house last night and replaced my little baby with a kid. A tall kid with long legs who speaks like he's 13. Don't worry though, he's just as bossy as the baby Michael was. And just as cute.
  • I'm sick and tired of hearing "these days" in TV commercials. Tell us how your product helps us or saves us money. The way advertisers us "these days" is clearly just playing on our fears. They want us to think that they understand how we feel. They want us to believe that their product will help us feel safe and secure. You know how I feel every time I hear "these days"? Just about the same way I feel every time I review the net loss in Michael's college fund or every time Andy's or my company announces upcoming layoffs. It's a real buzz kill when I'm trying to escape in some brainless TV watching.
  • It's now dark again when we leave the house in the morning. Yesterday, I pointed out the moon to Michael. He looked up at the half moon and told me that the moon was broken. That made getting up so early worth it.
  • Michael likes to dump his potty after he goes pee. He's very good about not spilling things, but recently he's taken to dropping the entire bowl into the big toilet. I then have to fish the bowl out of the toilet. In my attempts to prevent this the other day, Michael and I got into a tug of war with the full potty bowl. After a few tugs, Michael let go. The resulting momentum was enough to slosh pee up into the air, and onto my back. I've since reverted to plucking the bowl from the toilet.
  • I have really bad PMS at the moment and I'm very tempted to raid the vending machine. If I do so, that will only increase my need for good workout songs.

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Oh GOSH the potty! Do you think he knew that would happen???
If you go to the most popular downloaded songs on itues perhaps you could find some workout music. I have really weird music taste so my suggestions may not be that good...

LauraC said...

Hey at least he is using the potty!

Here are some recent songs from my running mix:

Boom Boom Pow
I'm in Miami Bitch
I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
American Boy
The Way I Are
Canned Heat (song from Napolean Dynamite)
SexyBack

I also never ever get tired of Whip It.

Karla said...

LOL about the potty fights. Been there. Done that. We gave up the little potty as quickly as possible for reasons just as that!

London said...

It's wednesday? Seriously, why did no one tell me this? Anyway, I can't help you on the work out music since I have all the taste of a twelve year old girl...I just worked out to Pussycat Dolls. Oy, Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? (That's one of their songs.)

DesiDVM said...

Okay that is kind of eerie, Laura...we have the EXACT SAME playlist almost for running (although it's more walking for me right now).

My top workout songs:
anything by Black Eyed Peas
Beyonce "Single Ladies"
Kanye West "New Workout Plan" and "American Boy"
Scissor Sisters "Take Your Mama Out Tonight"
anything by Sean Paul

Obviously I lean more towards hip-hop and pop but those are the ones with a good bpm for cardio/running...

Mel said...

Remember, chocolate cures all! And if you are PMSing the calories don't count.

Lindsay said...

In case you missed my suggestions on FB, and I've thought of some more... (I *heart* pop music!)

Anything Black-Eyed Peas
Calle Ocho
That's Not my Name (Ting Tings)
Anything Lady Gaga
Waking up in Vegas (Katy Perry)
Where the Street have no Name (U2)
Welcome to the Jungle (GnR)
Anything Beyonce that's fast
Hey, I Love You
Brass Monkey (Beastie Boys)