Thursday, August 13, 2009

You Can't Handle the Truth

I feel a bit like I've been run over by a truck. I've got PMS, I've been changing up my exercise routine, and I'm the mother of a three-year-old. I don't really think it's surprising that I'm a bit on the tired side.

This morning Michael and I were sitting on the sofa watching Lilo and Stitch while Andy finished up getting ready. Michael laid back and told me that he was tired.

I laid down next to him and said that I was tired too.

Michael looked me dead in the eye and said, "Mommy, you are not allowed to be tired."

*sigh*

So true.

If he was older, I think I would have grounded him.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Go ahead, ground him now and take a nap.

Deanna said...

Is it just this month? Like August came in and said, "okay, this month all women are going to have terrible PMS."?

*hugs*

Eat some chocolate...drink some wine...remember the "not allowed to be tired comment" when he's 14 and back talking!

Karla said...

I agree with Deanna. I had (but think its continuing well beyond AF leaving) *the worst* PMS this month!

Btw, Mommies may not be "allowed" to be tired, but I think Mommies are the ones who are ALWAYS tired!

Mama Mia said...

He is SO funny!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

That sounds about right.