Friday, September 25, 2009

Phone Photo Friday - By Request

When I packed my bag for the New York trip, I was not able to fit my DSLR camera into my suitcase. However, I decided that it was such an important trip, that I just had to have it. So, I lugged the camera bag with me on my train rides and carried it around the city on my way to the hotel. Then, I never used it. Between the DSLR and my iPhone, I only snapped a total of 10 pictures.

The first three, I snapped with my iPhone at the wonderful sushi restaurant that we went to on Friday night. The service was excellent, the sushi was amazing, and then there was this.


Photobucket

Lindsay was the first to encounter this little device, and was so fascinated that she had to tell us all about it. Some of the more sophisticated among us had encountered it...


Photobucket

Talk about a control panel. It has as many buttons as our HDTV does at home. Which, in my book, is too many buttons. One of the perks of being married is that I don't have to be involved with complex equipment like this. It really helps simplify my life. So, for this reason, I don't plan on ever upgrading to this particular model.

I'm sure most of you know what this control panel is for, but for those how don't here is a picture of what it controls.



Photobucket

Yes folks, three of my ten NYC photos are of the toilet at the Sushi Restaurant. I'm a classy gal, aren't I?

*****************************

So, while on on such a desirable topic, I might as well keep going.

I used to be the manager of a book store, and I was in charge of the children's section of the store for several years. This was back in my "I'm never going to have children" days, so it wasn't the best match. I didn't always appreciate some aspects of children's literature. I got books like Good Night Moon and Curious George, they are fun. But, I didn't get books like the potty training books. Of the seemingly very silly selection of potty books, the one that always made me giggle the most was Everyone Poops. I'm not sure I ever managed to keep a stright face when a parent came in asking for the book.

Serioulsy, Everyone Poops? You have got to be kidding me.

So...

Michael is still very resistant to potty training. He will now climb up on the big potty and pee pee all by himself, but he will only do it right before bed, and only if I coerce him. So, he will use the potty once a day.

We have talked with him about the reward will be for pooping in the potty five times, and he understands what it is. He has repeated the bride to my mom. "If I poopy in the potty five times, mommy and daddy will buy me my own laptop." He get's the idea, but he still refuses to do it. Not even for a laptop.

I stopped at the bookstore on the way home yesterday. I wandered over to the potty training section. And, I sucked it up and I bought a copy of Everyone Poops. Then, as karma seems to enjoy, Michael made me read it to him several times before bed, and then he talked all about the book first thing this morning. I guess it made an impact.

Anyone want to bet that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference?

9 comments:

Deanna said...

*snickering* I can't wait to get to this phase! I'm threatening to buy K-man a baby potty for his 2nd birthday...Hubby is appalled.

and just for the record, I SO want a bidet in my house! And not the water hose hooked up to the potty that my husband is threatening to install!

windycityvegan said...

I'm potty training my daughter and my experience has been that NOTHING MATTERS. The only thing that has come of her favorite potty book "Once Upon a Potty" is that now she insists on finding the rear end of every toy/animal/person and then announcing to whomever is nearby "this is where poop comes from!" - her grandparents are appalled, but since they bought her the book in the first place, they can't say anything. Good luck.

Beth said...

William loves Everyone Poops, too! My personal favorite is The Gas We Pass. William is in a "poo-poo" and "pee-pee" phase, as in he likes to fit "poo-poo" and "pee-pee" into as many sentences and phrases as possible. It's a lovely phase! As for the toilet, WTF? Clearly, I'm not very sophisticated! LOL

LauraC said...

Dude I TOTALLY forgot about that!!! I was too scared to use any of the options. Scared I would be in there enjoying myself too much, especially the "warm front spray" option. HA HA!

Lindsay said...

Ha ha! I had forgotten, too! Great times.

*Kc* said...

Oh man.. I can always get a laugh while reading your blog.

You know Michael's doing it purposefully so you have awesome things like this to blog about..lol!

That toilet is way crazy. My husband will be thrilled to see those pics. He's a plumber and anything like that amuses him.

Mel said...

I thought we had a fancy schmancy 2 button toilet, but that is pretty impressive!

Stacey said...

Everyone Poops is a high quality book. We don't have it in our house though.

Steph said...

Kids know just what we don't want to do (ie buy Everybody Poops), somehow they have the knack for loving whatever the thing is we don't want to do.

I worked in a bookstore in college and had the same thoughts about that book. We still don't own it here. Cooper is stubborn, and I have no idea where it comes from. :)