Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wait, This is CRAZY

I'm so excited! Tomorrow I will get on a train to go to New York City for a girls weekend...

with Lindsay from Crawford House
and Laura from Laura's Mommy Journal
and Bridget from Equilibrium
and Rita from Blog Soup
and Cacey from London
's Calling

If you would like to read about how exciting this is, and how it happened that six women that meet over the internet ended up planning a weekend in NYC, Laura handles it very well in her Blogger's Paridise post. I'm really looking forward to this weekend and to meeting these wonderful women.

But...

It dawned on me this morning, this is totally crazy! I've made plans to spend the weekend with a bunch of people whom I've never even met (other than Laura for about 45 minutes). Isn't this the kind of thing my mother warned me against? What sane person does this?

Wait, I just called myself crazy, didn't I?

What's truly funny is that I'm not at all concerned about meeting up with people I've never met before. I've spent the better part of the last four years "hanging out" with these ladies. These woman are all friends, great friends.

What am I worried about then? The little things. You know, like the fact that I'm a bit loud. And I say "dude" a lot. And what do I call Cacey/London? I think of her as London because that's who she is on her blog, but in real life, she's not really London...or is she? OMG, why am I worrying about this, I'm just going to call her "dude" anyway.

Really, how awkward is it that I don't even know the names of Linday's boys? Or that I don't know how to pronouce Reagan's name. Is it like the President or the comedian? Granted, I don't know how to pronounce Xaelen either, but I'm pretty sure Rita is used to that. You are used to that, right Rita? Please forgive me ladies! At least I know how to say Batman!

AND...OMG...WHAT IF I SNORE? All it will take is one blog post and the whole internet will know! Ahhh....

______________________________________________

On a serious note, this is so very exciting to me. Not just because I am getting to go to NYC for a weekend for some much needed non-three-year-old oriented fun, but because I really want to meet these incredible woman. I can't wait to hear the different accents we have, see the different styles we have, and learn about the women behind the blogs. It should be one heck of an adventure.

If you are interested, I plan on Twittering during the trip. You can follow me at JoannaGR. (I'll follow you too!)

So, there's nothing left to say excecpt NYC or BUST!

11 comments:

London said...

Please do NOT call me London or I will die of embarassment! lol.

Karen said...

I am so jealous of you getting to meet all of these ladies! It should be a great time and I will be following your tweets :)

LauraC said...

I figure that last comment is for me since you've met me and seen I have a 34DD bust!

Dude I am loud.
And I laugh like a mildly dumb person.

And I am FAMOUS for sticking my foot in my mouth. Last night I casually mentioned ONE baby name to a friend that I vetoed bc it was too nerdy, way way way too nerdy. Oh yeah that's the name she wants so badly. How did I choose THE ONE NAME out of millions of names?!?

JenFen said...

I say you do again next year but include me and have it in Vegas becuz I don't like to fly. Have fun! So jealous but I am not sad. Can't wait to hear about it.

Carrie77 said...

Oh I am so jealous, you are all going to have so much fun... and, I just started following you on Twitter!

Karla said...

Have fun!

Beth said...

Dammit--I'm going to have to join Twitter now. (Shakes fist in the air!) Can't wait to follow along!

Lindsay said...

What accent? I don't have an accent, y'all!

Twitter = lindsayhcrawfor

Kara said...

Oh, I am so jealous of you all! I'm sure it will be a blast!

Stacey said...

Add me to the jealous roster. Have a blast!

Julie said...

Dude, have a great time!