Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - And it's a good thing too

I'm cheating on this one. There will be no pictures in this thread. Instead, there will be things I thought, but didn't actually say. So, ta da! Wordless!

The days are getting shorter and cooler, signaling an end to enjoyable trips to the farm park. For this reason I've been trying to do as much of my exercising in the park instead of on the exercise equipment in my basement as I can. I see a diverse group of people in the park, and for the most part, I think it's great that so many people take advantage of such an amazing resource. But, you know, somethings may stand out a little. So, here are some of the things I haven't said recently in the park.

  • Wow, look at that dog. Can it blink? How can something so small pull so hard on it's leash that it's front legs are off the ground? Is that normal, or did it drink someone's coffee?
  • I don't think the level of her workout justifies the high tech workout clothing. Then again, if I was built like that, I'd probably spend the money just to look that good too.
  • Yikes! I'm glad that you are getting out to exercise, but um...wow...you might want to wear something a little less clingy. Or, at least wear some panties. Or a longer shirt. Good lord, isn't that uncomfortable!?
  • This is a public park. Kids play here. Pick up after your dog! They even provide free bags for you. Asshole!
  • Aren't they just the cutest couple ever? I hope Andy and I are still going for walks together when we are their age.
  • Dude, why are you in the park in your pajamas? Are they slippers too? Just out for a smoke? Wait, where is everyone else? OMG, OMG, OMG walk fast, walk fast, walk fast.
  • The point of retractable dog leashes is to RETRACT the dog when other people come close. I know you think everyone in the world loves your dog, but that doesn't mean I want to jog into a ditch so I don't trip over the leash.
  • Oh yay, a stroller. I love babies. I wonder what it is, a girl or a boy? Oh, it's a dog. In a stroller. I don't think you understand the concept behind taking your dog for a walk.
I know, not the nicest thoughts. At least I didn't actually say them.

8 comments:

MyWorld said...

Ha! Too bad rolling eyes isn't exercise -- cause I'd be in stellar shape. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks a lot of these types of things.

LauraC said...

DOG IN A STROLLER. Omg you crack me up. I dare not write the thoughts that go through my head when I'm running.

This morning: "I feel like walking. OH DAMN I forgot about the rabid fox. Better run."

I am so so so so so so so excited to see you in 48 hours!

JenFen said...

OMG that just made my day. Are you sure we don't go to the same park because except for the dogs (which are not allowed where I walk), we have the same exact types of people and I often think many of the same things.

And would you guys stop rubbing it in my face that you are all going to see each other this weekend? I only have two questions: When did this get planned and when are you coming to either Vegas or SoCal so we can meet in person too?

Mel said...

Dog stroller - that is just wrong on so many levels.

Aly said...

Thanks for the laughs! I needed them today.

DesiDVM said...

Oh boy, dogs at the park...I HATE retractable leashes, stupidest invention EVER. Dogs in strollers? Stupid, yes. Although I do have a couple of patients who are paralyzed in their hindlimbs so their owners take them to the park in strollers so they can get outside.

And lastly my stupid little dog ALWAYS pulls so hard her front feet come off the ground and she starts gagging and choking. So embarassing, especially when I'm so supposed to be some kind of animal professional:P

Julie said...

You totally are killing me! What the heck is up with people walking out the door in their pajama bottoms? Is this some new fad I don't know about? We live near the community college and I swear 50% of the kids go to class in their PJs. Don't get me started on the dog's pooping everywhere with the owners totally ignoring it. This happened recently to us at a playground--the dog just takes a dump right in the middle of the play area and the owner doesn't even blink an eye. Lana and I got the hell out of there before she took a header or skids right into the pile of crap.

Beth said...

LOL Joanna. You are hysterical. Totally bummed I won't be road-tripping it with you. But Philly makes a nice day trip from DC! Maybe we can get together one of these days!