Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Joanna's Jumble

I've been trying to think of a cute or witty name for my random posts. I'm not happy with the one I came up with, so if anyone has a better idea, leave it in the comments. So, now for some jumbled tidbits from the last few days.
  • Michael woke up at 3:45 this morning and made sure that Andy and I stayed awake until our alarm went off at 5:00.
  • I'm tired today.
  • Andy has been working on getting Michael comfortable playing in his bedroom in hopes that when he wakes up early he will play in his room quietly. So far, not much success.
  • Michael chewed the felt tips off of an entire package of markers last night. He did it to get attention, but I calmly picked them up, threw them out, and then returned to what I was doing.
  • Michael's teeth were still colorful from chewing the markers an hour later when Andy brushed Michael's teeth.
  • I predict that the child who has eaten chalk, crayons, and markers in the last two weeks will eat nothing but pie and whipped cream for Thanksgiving dinner because turkey, mashed potatoes and corn bread are "icky".
  • Tonight Andy and I are celebrating the anniversary of our first date which occurred the night before Thanksgiving back in 1996.
  • Dude, I'm getting old.
  • Tomorrow we will be driving down to my Sister's for Thanksgiving dinner. We are having deep fried turkey. I'm so excited.
  • Michael has started licking me again. He goes straight for my mouth. It is disgusting.
  • A week ago I was going to do a post about how much things have improved with Michael lately. In light of recent marker chewing, face licking, and night waking I'm glad I didn't. It saved me the trouble of eating my own words.
  • Considering words are not a food item, I'm pretty sure Michael would be will to eat them.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

12 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy jumbly Thanksgiving!
I'll be getting drunk off my arse to deal with my crazy mom. HA HA!

London said...

Dude, I don't even remember when our first date was, only that it was in '04. We were sort of semi-dating for a while so that's probably why I don't know.

Michael is a handful, huh? This makes me really nervous. Batman is so easy-going I'm pretty sure I'm doomed with the next one! Ah!

Have a great Turkey Day!

Maria said...

Wasn't last thanksgiving when Michael swallowed the lightbulb? I guess he will eat all things non food! Have a great thanksgiving.

Sadia said...

What about "Miscellanea"?

Stacey said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

What's with kids and licking? So gross!!

Stacey said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

What's with kids and licking? So gross!!

DesiDVM said...

I wish I could perfect the art of ignoring J's antics and calmly walking away. In truth I only envision myself flipping out over a ruined bunch of markers LOL.

Have a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow -- I also predict my picky eater will only mac 'n cheese and maybe (MAYBE) some pie tomorrow.

Beth said...

You never cease to crack me up! I'm feeding my kids mac-n-cheese for lunch because I know they'll at least eat that, and then I won't care so much if they don't eat any Thanksgiving dinner. I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving. And maybe Michael will surprise you and you'll end up writing the sweet, fuzzy post after all! :-)

JenFen said...

Be glad that at least Michael's antics give you the opportunity to write funny blog posts that make people laugh. And I don't do cute and witty well but how about "Everything but the kitchen sink". Speaking of which, Michael really ate a light bulb?

Carrie77 said...

Heehee!! I had a good laugh over the 'eating the felt tips off the markers' comment... seriously, when is the terrible 3's over? And, Nathan is so picky he did not enjoy any of our Thanksgiving dinner. Picky, stubborn, oh I won't go on... Seriously, is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Carrie77 said...

Ok, seriously, I am still laughing over you blog post. I think I can relate to it on way too many levels. lol.

Julie said...

Joanna, you never cease to make me laugh. A lot.