Friday, November 6, 2009

Photo Mish Mash

We had a number of picture worthy events during my time home with Michael. I'm just going to toss them all out at once for you, and then I may feel a little more caught up. (I still haven't made it through two weeks worth of work email.)

The first big one was Michael falling and cutting his forehead. Remember my overly dramatic post about how horrible it was when he cut his head? Remember how I almost passed out four separate times? I'm sure you all were thinking that Michael must have been severely injured based on my description. Well, here you go.

Photobucket

As I said, I am a wuss! He didn't even cringe this much when he got the stitches, so I don't know why he did for the photo.

We also decided to buy another laptop. We had been thinking about it for a while, but Andy's Mafia Wars interest, my Farmville addiction, and Michael's PBSkids.org obsession pushed us to add a second laptop.

Photobucket

Lady, stop looking at me. I'm not giving up my Pogo-a-gogo game so you can earn your next "Tree Hugger" ribbon.

And finally, we come to Halloween. Our month of building up Halloween with Halloween shirts, Halloween TV shows, Halloween Books, and repeated comments about Clone Troopers worked. Michael not only let us put a costume on him, he even put the mask on for a few minutes!

Photobucket

Wait, who gave my kid a blaster?

Photobucket

That's better. That light stick is about all I'm willing to arm him with.

We went trick-or-treating with the gang of three-year-olds and one of the one-year-olds that live in our community. I cannot beleive how lucky were are to have such a large group of kids the same age living so close.

Photobucket

This was the best group photo we got. I know it's really bad, but what do you expect from three-year-olds?

Michael really got into trick-or-treating last year, so I was not surprised about how enthusiastic he was this year. He was the first kid on every door step, and normally the last kid to leave. Almost everyone just held out the bowl of candy for the kids and said take a few. If I didn't intervene, Michael would have emptied every single bowl into his bucket.

Photobucket

Free Candy and Princesses. Life is good!

It was interesting to see the difference between the boys and the girls. Don't get me wrong, the girls had fun. But the boys, wow, did they go crazy. I spent most of the night chasing these two up to each house and then trying to get them to wait as the princesses caught up. It was a lot of work, but for smiles like this, it was more than worth it.

Photobucket

* I understand Batman wore his cape and mask ALL weekend. You gotta love that kind of enthusiasm.

7 comments:

Beth said...

What an awesome neighborhood group! Michael looks like he had a blast. As for the head injury--are you kidding? That looks horrible. Looking at that, I'd say you did pretty well.

Karla said...

Poor Michael with that booboo!

I am glad the costume and Halloween were a hit this year! Looks like a ton of fun was had by all! :)

Julie said...

I agree, that cut looks BAD, real BAD! Lana just cut her lip and I still was like, "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD, etc." A cut like that would have sent me into outer space!

Halloween looked like fun! I am amazed he wore the mask, even if just for a few minutes.

Mel said...

The group trick-or-treating is fun. We had do go to another neighborhood besides the one we live in. We live in the older folks neighborhood.

Steph said...

Those costume pics are awesome. You can see the excitment radiating off of all those kids!

Karen said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I agree that the group trick or treating is the best. And I can't imagine seeing that cut open....I would have had to leave the room.

LauraC said...

Love the pics! I agree, chasing after boys is EXHAUSTING. And I really wish everyone appreciates what huge efforts it takes to get a picture of two boys looking in the same direction.

I'll give you a hint - in the Halloween picture of Nate and Alex on our doorstep, you can see my reflection in our glass door. I am pretending my hands are spiders and I am putting spiders in Jon's hair.