Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Randomness Now with random photos!

There is a running joke about my profile picture and how dour I look. I really do smile and laugh, and I do it a lot. However, most snapshots of me don't catch me smiling. Or, if they do, I look really silly. As it turns out, Michael is the same way. So, that's how I ended up taking over 200 pictures for our Christmas card this year and there were only three pictures with good smiles. All three were of Andy.

So, let me share some of the photos that didn't make the Christmas card cut. Just for fun, I'm going to toss in some randomness as well.


Photobucket

Last night when I picked Michael up he wanted to stop at the grocery store to pick up fruit gushers. I lied and said the store was closed. My mom followed it with a snide and judgmental, "I never lied to you guys when you were kids."

This morning Michael was crying and clinging to me when I dropped him off. I took him up to my mom's apartment. I then pretended to get a phone call from Santa. I hung up and told Michael that Santa needed me to run errands for him, and he let me leave without a peep. My mom gave me the thumbs up sign.

I guess it's OK to lie when Santa is involved?


Photobucket

Last weekend Michael came running to me crying. He was upset because he had shoved a blue crayon up his nose and it broke off and got stuck. My first reaction was to ask Andy to get the forceps from the junk drawer. (Yes, I have forceps in my junk drawer). Before Andy found them however, it dawned on me to cover the empty nostril and have Michael blow. The blue crayon flew across the room. Success!

Photobucket

On the ride home last night, Michael informed me that he stuck a T-Rex tail up his nose. Clearly he didn't learn from the blue crayon so I asked him why he stuck a T-Rex tail up his nose.

"So I could get the hard boogers out."

Well, at least the was a logical reason for it. I tried to explain why he shouldn't do it, but I don't think it worked. I came very close to suggesting that he just use his finger.


Photobucket

I have a Christmas confession to make. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I have learning disabilities. One problem I have is that I can't memorize the words to songs, and only know a few songs off the top of my head. Michael likes for me to sing to him before bed, so for the past several years I've been singing "Silent Night" to him. He's going to laugh so hard when he realizes I've been using a Christmas Carole as a lullaby.


Photobucket

I was one of those kids that asked my parents unexpected and difficult questions. It's not surprising that Michael is too. When I picked him up yesterday, Michael asked me, "Mommy, if I kill you, will you be dead."

I stuttered over how to respond to that one while my mom laughed at me. "At least you never asked me that one."

She followed that up with, "I think someone is watching too much of daddy's TV."

Um, no. I think someone has had too much exposure to dinosaurs. That's the only place Michael is exposed to words like "dead" and "killed".

Photobucket

And finally, because Andy cannot pick up the camera without taking pictures of my butt...



Photobucket

10 comments:

London said...

Nice, that last one. Is that your good side?

Yes "dead" and "killed" can be found in the most unfortunate places. Try reading your kid Bible stories, they are the worst!!!

Also, those of us who have been lucky enough to meet you in person know that you are very smiley and cheerful!

Maria said...

You are one funny lady, that butt shot is exactly what Will tries to do to me, only it is usually my boobs. Nice. Have a great Christmas!

LauraC said...

I enhanced one of the pictures and left it for you on my other blog!

http://lauracsjournal.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-holidays-to-my-sweet-friend.html

Stacey said...

Great post! It totally made me smile, and in my case that is actually kind of hard to do.

Merry Christmas!!

DesiDVM said...

Yeah the hard questions have started. Hubby is out of town right now for his grandmother's funeral and I've been trying to explain why grandma died, where did she go, what is a funeral, why was daddy crying, etc. etc. Not sure if he's understanding anything, I feel like an idiot every time we start one of these conversations. So much for an advanced degree LOL.

Mama Mia said...

LOVE IT

Karla said...

Bah! Sweet a$$! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Mel said...

You should send that one out as a Christmas card next year!

Deanna said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Kara said...

Too funny!