Thursday, December 10, 2009

Randomness

I've got so many things running around in my head that I'm having trouble forming any kind of coherent post today. So, instead I'll go with randomness.

  • Michael has been really into eating apples lately. He gnaws around the apple like a beaver gnaws on a tree. He eats all the way around, but not up and down. He ends up with a apple that looks like a hourglass, with good apple flesh above and below the "equator" that he won't eat.
  • I've been really irritable for the past 24 hours. I think I may be suffering from supper PMS or something. It's making my work day very, very long today.
  • I checked the weather and it's supposed to go down to 19 degrees tonight. 19 degrees and windy. The normal low is 32 degrees. I'm a little concerned about the weather trends so far this year. Brrr...
  • Michael has been a bit lethargic and cranky this week. He hasn't been running a fever and does not seem to be sick. He's just not himself. It's made for two of the worst morning drop-offs ever. I pulled a muscle in my back this morning trying to remove him from the car. It was like a scene from a cartoon where some character throws out their arms and legs to keep from getting through a door, and the arms and legs just kept stretching as the other character tries to push them through the doorway. Only we weren't cartoons, and it wasn't funny.
  • The Pioneer Woman is going to be in town on Sunday and I really want to go and get my copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks signed. But, I just don't think I can afford to spend hours on a Sunday right before Christmas hanging out in a book store.
  • I'm debating what to serve for Christmas dinner. It was a family tradition for years to have lasagna, then I switched to roast beef sandwiches. Last year I made bowties with Italian Sausage in a tomato cream sauce (Thanks Laura!). I considered doing a new main dish, but I think instead I'll add new sides, deserts and cookies.
  • Great, now I'm hungry.
  • I swore to myself that I wouldn't blog about this, but I can't help myself. Michael has learned a new skill. He can toot on demand. He'll climb up on my lap, let one fly, and then giggle uncontrollably. It's disgusting and uncouth. I really need to stop laughing every time he does it. Or, at least train him to do it only to Andy.
  • Yesterday Michael asked for "Mommy Milk" instead of his usual pink milk (strawberry milk). After I picked my jaw up off the ground I asked him just where mommy milk comes from. "Mommy Cows". I eventually figured out that he just wanted plain milk. Considering he self weened at 15 months, I have no idea where this one came from.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Love the randomness.
I don't think I could do PW this weekend either. Too busy of a season. But you could ask her what to serve for the holiday that doesn't use onions.

LauraC said...

Check this out on geekologie!!

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/raaaawr_awesomest_kids_bed_eve.php