Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Daycare - Day 1

It seems that everyone survived Michael's first day at the new Daycare center. I checked on him mid-day and they reported that he was doing well. He started talking about it as soon as I walked in the door last night. As far I can tell, he had a good day. He was energetic when I got home, but he was also well behaved. He didn't try to lick me once all evening.

There were a few hitches. The first was that his pull-up leaked during nap time. Nap? What are naps? Michael claims that he slept during his nap, but I'm not sure if I believe him. He had no problem falling asleep at bedtime and he had a ton of trouble getting up this morning. That tells me that if there was any sleeping involved in his nap, it didn't last long.

The other problem was that I forgot to tell Andy that Michael had Larry, so they came home without her. Andy tried to call me so I could pick her up on the way home, but my phone didn't pick up the call. Poor Andy had to drive back to the center and pick Larry up.

On a similar, but different note, having Andy go back to get Larry was a big deal for me. I tend to always do that kind of stuff. I don't know why, I just do. And that's part of my stress problem. So, when I found out that a Larry rescue mission was in order, my immediate reaction was to turn right around, get back in my car, and get Larry. Andy asked if I wanted him to pick up Larry. I paused for a moment, but decided to accept the offer.

I guess it was a big day for all of us.

7 comments:

LauraC said...

YAY! This sounds a lot better then Day Care V1.0. Any way you can get a duplicate Larry? We keep duplicate loveys at school for the boys so they can stay there. They're not even the same ones. We let the boys pick out new ones recently and they were super duper excited. Alex pinked out two pink loveys, which is that photo of him crying with his lovey is in B&W. The pink and his green shirt clashed.

Maria said...

Sweet! I agree with Laura, was easier to have a duplicate than an extra trip to daycare. Props to Andy for offering, and to you for accepting!

Heidi O said...

I am glad that it went well and that you accepted the offer. I have found duplicates to be helpful. Ah hell what am I saying my kids didn't have duplicates. Maggie still has the same darn stinky lovey. Just Harry has two though not the same so who knows which one will win out.

Stacey said...

Yay for both of you!

JenFen said...

Yeah for all of you. Extra props to Andy and even more to you for accepting his offer of help.

Beth said...

We don't have exact duplicates for William's blankies, but there are three that are very similar and he's okay with the backup in case we leave the "real" one at home or at school. And nice work letting Andy go back to retrieve Larry. Baby steps, right?

Steph said...

Cooper has two blankets and taggies- one set for preschool, one for home. They send them home on Fridays along w/his nap mat to be washed and somehow he always wants to nap w/the school blanket and taggie while they are at home. Mondays are always a scramble to try and remember to pack them back up after they have been washed, I usually wash them last minute Sunday evening. Yay for staying on top of things...