Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random for Random's Sake

It's Wednesday and I'm discombobulated, so it seems like a perfect time for some randomness.

  • Wow, I actually spelled "discombobulated" correctly on the first try!
  • The temperature outside has finally gone over the freezing point for, like the first time in what feels like forever.
  • Sometimes I tend to exaggerate things, like how long it's been below freezing.
  • Last night Michael would not let me leave his room after I put him to bed because the robots were coming to get him. I told him that people make robots, therefore they have to listen to people. All he needs to do is tell them to go away. It was the best I could come up with on short notice. If he does it again, I may give him a tinfoil hat to ward them off.
  • I'm just joking about the tinfoil hat.
  • Mostly.
  • Michael seems to have picked up some things at daycare that I'm not thrilled about. These include a cold, way too much information on Michael Jackson's death, and the phrase, "I'm going to smack your butt." (Based on things I hear people say when I'm out and about, none of these things is all that surprising.)
  • To make up for lost time last night, I did a higher intensity workout for a shorter amount of time then normal.
  • This morning I was reminded that 37 year olds do not recover as quickly as 17 year olds.
  • I have an appointment to get my hair done tonight. My golden "highlights" have gotten carried away so I'm going to try and go with brown and caramel highlights to tone things down.
  • Ironically, this will require that I have a tinfoil mess on my head for about half an hour.
  • I guess that means I'll be safe from robots.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I love your sense of humor!

I have a tinfoil hat appointment next week, but will keep an eye out for robots.