Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Too Good To Be True?

Today was day three of daycare and, once again, drop off went really well. I was only a little surprised about the good drop offs last week because Michael was in an agreeable mood. However, yesterday he was in major stalling mode. I expected that to impact today's drop off in two ways. First , I expected him to stall. Second, I expected him to be tired and cranky - because he stalled at bedtime - and therefore super emotional when I tried to counter his stalling.

Nope. After telling me that he didn't want to get up I mentioned it was a school day and he hopped out of bed with a smile on his face. He was pleasant while he had breakfast, pleasant while we got him dressed, and even pleasant about getting into his carseat. He ran right into the school and didn't slow down until he heard people talking. At that point he slowed to a walk but greeted the early morning teacher with a polite "good morning".

I'm really happy that he seems to be enjoying school. I hope this trend continues. It makes him much easier to drop him off when he seems to genuinely enjoy going there. That certainly was not the case the last time we had him in daycare. It's such a relief.

Only time will tell if his attitude remains so positive.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay! That's so great for all of you.

LauraC said...

This has to be such a huge relief! So glad it is working out for you.

There is a new kid in N&A's class and the mom saw me dropping them off. You should have seen her jaw dropped when I said they were twins. It's kind of fun at this age bc they are SO different.

MyWorld said...

I thought you were going to say that he decided to use the potty! Ha! But this is really cool, too. My daughter loves school and I'm so glad. She isn't always pleasant getting ready, but I know once she's there, she's good. And she always comes home so stinking happy.

Steph said...

Whew, I hope it continues!

Karen said...

I think choosing the right place makes all the difference. Hope this continues!!s

JenFen said...

Glad to hear it. Yeah!

Karla said...

That is fantastic!

Julie said...

YAY!!! I am glad this is working out so well. It seems like you found a great place and that it is just the right time for Michael to ease right in. Congrats!