Friday, February 5, 2010

38 isn't that bad

I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I ended up having a wonderful birthday.

I did get up early yesterday morning to help get Michael ready for school, but I loaded Michael up into Andy's car and kissed them both good-bye. Then, I went back to bed for two more hours. It was wonderful.

When I got up, I enjoyed some coffee and did some web surfing and did a little reading. No one tried to take the laptop from me. No one interrupted me mid-paragraph. It was divine.

Next, I went up and unclogged both the sink and tub drains. Come on, I'm a working mom, you didn't think it was going to be all laying around and eating bon-bons, did you? Drains don't clear themselves.

I did treat myself to a little bit of shopping. I picked up a new pair of Coach shoes. They are a simple pair of flats made with the tan "C" fabric. I don't normally go for products that are so blatant with their label, but I could picture the outfit in my head, so I went for it.

When I came home from shopping, I read a little more, then I took a nap. A glorious hour and a half long nap. Oh, how I love naps.

After my nap I picked Michael up from school. It's clear that he's finally feeling better. He gave me tons of hugs and kisses, and listened to everything I said. This was even more wonderful that the nap!

When I mentioned it was my birthday, the first thing that Michael asked was if we had cake. Oops. I don't normally do cake for my birthday, but it didn't seem right not to have cake once Michael mentioned it, so we stopped and picked up a carrot cake on the way home.

Andy also decided that we needed cake, so he picked up a carrot cake on the way home. It's a good thing all three of us like carrot cake!

With sleeping late, the nap, a new pair of shoes, Michael being sweeter than ever, and two carrot cakes, I have to say this was one of my favorite birthdays. What came next, just floored me. I had asked Andy for several different things for my birthday, and based on UPS shipments as such, I thought I was getting a new receiver for my Sirius radio. Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and discovered a macro lens for our camera. I've wanted one for a while now, but have never been able to justify the purchase. I am so excited. Now I can't wait until spring so I can have fun doing nature close ups in the park.

So, I have to say, so far 38 rocks!

Hmm...I wonder what I can use a macro lens for in the snow? We are supposed to get about 6-10 inches in the next 24 hours, so I'm sure to find out.

10 comments:

LauraC said...

Jealous of your macro lens! Awesome! Happy birthday!

Maria said...

Sounds heavenly... Happy birthday again.

Chrissiebear said...

Happy Birthday! That does sound like an ideal day (let alone birthday!) to me too!! Glad it was so great!

Karla said...

Sounds like a great birthday!!!

Mel said...

I'm so glad to hear that 38 rocks! Gives me something to look forward to in 3 years :P

Carrie77 said...

lol to the unclogging drains. And, oooohhhh a macro lens, I am so jealous! Glad you had a wonderful birthday filled with lots of naps and carrot cake!

Julie said...

Jealous of your naps!!!! Sounds like a great b-day, from the me time to the macro lens to the carrot cake. Happy Birthday!!!

Heidi O said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful birthday. yum carrot cake. I haven't had that in forever. And listening what is that?

DesiDVM said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday. Mine is coming up soon, when hubby asked me what I want I told him "six hours of sleep" and I wasn't kidding.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday- it sounded fabulous. And, the pictures you took with the new lens in the snow look great!