Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Randomness - Because I Have to Have Some

With London off the grid, I haven't been able to get my random does of randomness. It's really starting to cause problems, and if I don't get some randomness soon, I might just end up coherent. And no one wants that, I'm sure.

So, here we go...

  • Speaking of London - I was in the basement playing with Michael when my phone chimed letting me know I had a text. I so rarely get text messages that I paused for a moment and wondered why Andy would text me from upstairs. Then, I checked my phone and realized it was London. Duh.
  • Having younger friends that use this new-fangled technology to communicate with me makes me feel cool and hip.
  • Are "cool" and "hip" still the correct words to use?
  • Never mind, I don't want to know. Let me live in my fantasy world.
  • We have actually seen some progress on the potty training front. Michael has actually asked to use the potty several times in the last few days.
  • Michael still refuses to consider going #2 on the potty. In an attempt to try and ease him into it, I actually said, "Why don't you sit on the potty and just try to toot?" last night. You can add that to the list of things I never thought I would say.
  • At dinner last night Michael asked if he could see my boobies. I told him no, boobies are private. He followed up with, "Well, can I see half a booby?"
  • Andy and I laughed so hard that we were unable to deal with that comment appropriately.
  • Not my best parenting moment, but dude was it funny.
  • And finally, I will not be blogging tomorrow. For the first time in 38 years, I'm going to take my birthday off. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm pretty sure sleep with be involved.
  • I'm now thinking of my age as 40 - n instead of my actual age. So today I am 40 - 3 and tomorrow I'll be 40 - 2. It allows me to delude myself into thinking I'm getting younger instead of older.
  • Once again, don't mess up that whole fantasy world thing I have going. It gets me through the day.

14 comments:

Steph said...

OMG, I am still laughing about the boob comment and about texting. I am so not a texter either, and think its funny when I get them.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!

Beth said...

LMAO. I am right there with you on the "hip" and "cool" thing. Last night Ed and I were watching TV and we kept seeing commercials that didn't make any sense to us. Ed said that we must now be the older generation that just doesn't "get" the younger generation. Boy, that hurt! Hope you have a relaxing, fabulous birthday. I'll be 40 minus 2 in June!

JenFen said...

Here is my random response:
1) If you give me your digits, I will text you.
2)I felt cool using the phrase "digits"
3) If that is no longer a cool word, please don't ruin my fantasy by telling me.
4) I have had parenting moments like the one with the booby comment - you know when you should use the opportunity to teach but instead you just laugh your arse off.
5) Jake was very attached to my boobs so sadly the comment Michael made, while still funny was not uncommon for awhile in my house.
6)On the potty training front, added to phrases you never thought you'd say, here is some advice as Jake was afraid to go #2 on the toilet as well. Let him go in his pull-up while sitting on the toilet then ease into it by cutting a hole in his pull-up before he sits on the toilet. Eventually he will see it is not so scary.
7) I will be 40-4 this month. Unfortunately, doing it your way makes me feel older and not younger.
8) But regardless I think you should have a wonderful happy awesome birthday : )

Heidi O said...

Random is awesome.

LauraC said...

At least London wasn't sexting you.

HA HA!

Consider that comment an early birthday present.

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Maria said...

Happy 40-2! I hope your day is free of battles and full of sleep and chocolate ( not at the same time).

Stacey said...

Happy birthday! Have a great one.

Carrie77 said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, and, yeah, boys are boys aren't they?

Beth said...

LMAO again Laura. (Does Joanna even know what Sexting is? Ha ha ha.)

Mel said...

Have a wonderful birthday off! Aren't you like fine wine?? Getting better with age??

Deanna said...

I love you used an algaebraic equation to define your age! Happy birthday!

Karen said...

Not sure about the "hip" and "cool" but I still use those words too. And Beth took the words right out of my mouth when she asked if you knew what sexting was!

Anyway, hope you have a great birthday. Enjoy 40-2!!

Karla said...

Have a fabulous 40-2 birthday!!!