Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Only One Small Problem

We had an amazing weekend. There is just no other way to describe it. It was warm, we were all reasonably healthy, and we didn't have any commitments. I suppose in my pre-mommy life, that wouldn't have ranked as much of a weekend, but after three months of snow, illness, and sleep deprivation, warm and mostly healthy counts as amazing.

The outdoor time was the best. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all in the low 70's. Perfect. We even had the windows open during the days, so the house smelled fresh. Michael spent hours outdoors over the weekend. It started with a trip to the zoo on Friday with my mom. He played with the neighborhood kids each day, including bike races, rock throwing, and picking up litter. (It's never too early to learn about taking care of the environment.) We also took a trip to the playground and another trip into the park to throw more rocks. Not only did Michael have fun, but he was pleasantly tired by the end of each day and went to bed without stalling.

We also really enjoyed our trip to the mall for a ride on the carousel, a trip to the grocery store, and a trip to the book store. Michael was cooperative, pleasant, and reasonable on all three trips. He was so cooperative, that I can actually say that I enjoyed the trips as much as he did. What a treat after some of the tantrums we have had in the past few months.

And, OMG, the sleep! I got sleep! For several nights in a row. I feel like a human being again.

There was only one problem with this past weekend. I don't have anything to whine about! The best problem in the world to have. I'm sure I can manage it.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Glad you had a great weekend

Heidi O said...

I love sleep. I got to sleep in today. Again I love sleep.

I am so glad you got some this weekend and that Michael got to have lots of fun outside. I love when they get their energy out as my kids say.