- Michael has started to pick up books and "read" them. Between the pictures and the few words he can actually read he's coming up with some funny stories. Last night he picked up Green Eggs and Ham and went to town butchering the wonderful rhymes of Dr. Seuss. He was so serious, yet everything coming out of his mouth was completely absurd. Andy and I couldn't help but sit quietly, listen, and smile.
- You know how I was raving about my heart rate monitor in yesterday's post? I wasn't raving about it last night. The weather was gorgeous yesterday so I went for my first run of the season. I started off with a five minute warm up walk, clicked on the monitor, and started to run. About 20 steps later, the alarm went off alerting me that I had surpassed the maximum recommended heart rate for me. That didn't seem right, however, I decided to listen to it for the first mile I ended up doing a lot of walking to bring my heart rate back down every time the alarm went off. For the second mile I decided that I felt fine and ignored the alarm. I ran the final 3/4 of a mile against the wind and felt really good. According to my heart rate monitor, my heart is no longer functioning.
- I will be adjusting my training approach in light of the fact that I'm currently dead.
- I've clearly crossed over to the dark side of crazy people who enjoy exercising. Andy just purchased a Concept 2 rowing machine and it's an awesome workout. I'm exited about finally having something that will work my core, shoulders, and arms. I'm trying to figure out how to work it into my overall workout plan. What kind of sickness is it when you get excited about working hard and sweating?
- Last night we continued the sitcom of sleep interruptions. Michael has a lingering cough from ho ever many colds he's had this year. He feel asleep fine, but must have woken up a little when Andy and I were getting ready for bed. He managed to cough enough that I would go to him, I'd get him settled, then I'd head back to bed. As soon as I would start to drift off, he would start coughing again. This went on for over an hour before we could finally get him back to sleep. His timing with the coughing fits was perfect every single time. He was so proud of the achievement that he decided to repeat the entire routine again at 3:30 in the morning. Andy tried to help out on the hour long round of trips down the hall, but Michael freaked out anytime Andy walked into his room. It was charming.
- It's a good thing I'm dead, otherwise, I might be really tried today.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
It's that time again! Too many thoughts and not enough coherency. I'll just toss out some stuff and see if any of it sticks.