Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You Won't Believe What I Did Last Night

Andy, Michael and I were all very tired last night. Not a big surprise considering all the night time disturbances from the night before. Michael had no trouble falling asleep. Andy and I were both so tired that we decided to go to bed early. (And yes, it does make me feel old to go to bed at 9:30.) All I wanted last night was sleep. Glorious sleep!

At 1:00 am I woke up to the sound of Michael coughing. It was the kind of cough that normally precedes changing all his sheets and doing a load of laundry in the middle of the night, so I flew out of bed as if the house was on fire. Then, halfway down the hall I stopped and listened. Silence.

I paused.

Michael coughed.

I debated. Do I really want to risk waking Michael up? I spent over and hour last night trying to get him back to sleep at 1:00 am. I really, really, really don't want to do that again.

But, I don't want to clean up throw up either.

So, I did it. I woke him up and made him drink some water.

I was exhausted, I was desperate for sleep, but I had to do it.

Fortunately, Michael was just as desperate for sleep. He laid down, pulled his pillow over his head, and crashed.

And, for even better news. Michael started up his swim lessons again this morning. Nothing makes Michael sleep better than swimming.

I might just get some sleep tonight.

3 comments:

Steph said...

When I saw the title to this I was thinking you might have made it all through the night sleeping, but that's a much better improvement from the night before- up once for water.

Hopefully swimming tires him out and he sleeps soundly tonight!

Heidi O said...

I hope tonight is an all good night for you.

Julie said...

Dude, I would have totally woken him up too if it prevented yak in the middle of the night.

I feel you with the sleep loss--its brutal and makes you crazy.