Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Randomness!

Yes, it's Wednesday and since London is working hard on the last month of growing a person, I'm just going to flat out steal the Wednesday Randomness for now. I'm sure she would do something about that, but I think for a few more weeks I might be able to out run her, so I'm safe for now.

  • Michael is entering the superhero phase of little boyhood. It's nice to have a change in obsessions every now and again. However, he sings the theme song over and over again. The problem is that he doesn't know the words and therefore sings weird things at times. My mind has picked up on this and I know find myself singing odd lyrics in my head at random times. Like: Spider-man, Spider-man does whatever a spider can. Over there, in the air, he has radio active hair. Look out! Here comes the Spider-man.
  • After World War III broke out over changing his pants yesterday morning I didn't have much hope for getting Michael a haircut yesterday. I decided to give it a try anyway. I casually asked Michael if he wanted a haircut. He said yes and ran to the door. I went with the momentum; and we ended up having the easiest, most pleasant haircut experience ever.
  • After the haircut we went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal Toy. I mean Happy Meal. Michael ate four fries, two McNuggets and played with the toy for 30 seconds. I'm not sure I understand why he wants to go at all. I know why I don't want to go. I ended up eating half the fries, drinking a quarter of his shake, and the stupid toy is still in my purse.
  • After a wonderful evening out, it was easy to get Michael up to bed. Once there, he insisted he didn't need to sleep. He wanted us to read him books endlessly. It took 2.5 hours to get him to bed, which took us well beyond MY bedtime. Where does he get the energy from.
  • Just to add insult to injury, he was bright eyes and bushy tailed when I stumbled in to get him up this morning. Fine, so you don't need 8 hours of sleep. Whatever. Just don't expect me to be chipper on 6.5 hours of sleep.
  • And finally, remember how I complained about my coworker that is frequently offering me fruit to eat? The one that asks me five times even though I said no thank you the first time? She offered me a Diet Coke the other day. Score! She now knows what a decisive yes sounds like.

3 comments:

Steph said...

I would love to have a Diet Coke, but the one time I did while pregnant with Cooper I could not sleep for an entire night so I have had to avoid it this time around too.

I don't understand Cooper's obsession with McDonald's either, except he keeps asking to go to one specific location that has the indoor instead of outdoor play area. I guess the lure of germy playgrounds is it?

Deanna said...

I now have a spider man theme song in my head...complete with a little melody that my brain picked at random. ack!!!

London said...

Thanks for taking up the random torch for me latetly. My thoughts are pretty one-sided lately.