Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wordless Wednesday, or should I say speechless?

Michael has been having some tummy troubles thanks to the antibiotics that he just finished up. The amoxacillin was pretty kind to his tummy, but this stuff wasn't. I was expecting it to...um...speed things up, but it did the opposite. It turned my once a day boy into a once every few days kid. In addition, he seemed to have some nausea as well.

That's bad enough, but add those new sensations to his newly found potty training skills and he ended up very confused a few times. He would say his tummy was telling him to go pee pee, but get in there and not be able to go. Then he would say he needed to throw up, and follow it up with a toot. It was very distressing for him and a number of times he ended up in tears because something in his tummy didn't feel right, but he didn't know what to do about it.

He finished up the medicine on Sunday night (am I the only one that only gets 18 5ml doses out of a 100ml jar of antibiotics?) and things are starting to get back to normal. Yesterday, things got moving again, and Michael was clearly relieved. He was in a much perkier and pleasant mood after taking care of business.

However, he did have one confusing potty trip. He ran into the bathroom and told me he didn't need my help. After a minute I heard him getting upset again, so I got up to see what was going on. I walked into the bathroom and this is what he asked me:

Mommy, you need to squeeze my pee pee because there is a candy heart stuck in there that hasn't dissolved and it's blocking my pee.

I just stood there staring at him. I mean really, how do you respond to something like that?

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I can sympathize with Michael when it comes irregularity. Even at 30, my colon can confuse the rest of my body.

And was he serious? a candy heart?

Steph said...

Umm, yes, I would not know what to say to that either! Poor little guy- sorry his system is so messed up.

Heidi O said...

That last comment was great!

Antibiotics are rough. Each kid has had a cold and I feel like I have been holding my breath hoping that those colds wouldn't turn into anything else. Ok I just knocked on wood just to be careful. Harry hated the last antibiotics and so did his bum.

Karla said...

Wow, I am impressed that he said "dissolved" and yeah, how do you react to that? I guess with "and how did that get there?"

LMAO

Mama Mia said...

A CANDY HEART! I am cracking up over here!!