Have you ever noticed that when you haven't been getting enough sleep for a while (you know, like when you have a baby) and then you finally get that wonderful night of sleep that it only makes you realize just how freaking tired you really are? It's always disappointing because you think you will be well rested, but instead you are just alert enough to realize that you need about two more weeks of solid sleep before you will feel human again.
Well, I think that's what I'm going through, but instead of sleep it's having a healthy household. We have been relatively illness free over the past two weeks and it's awesome. But, it's helped to highlight just how tired, stressed out, and behind we are from just trying to make it through the rough winter. It's a real treat, but I feel like my mind is trying to catch up after months of just trying to get by.
Hopefully, we'll all stay healthy for a little while and I get the chance to get my wits together again.
I do have a few things I want to touch on, so I think I'll go with a little randomness to catch up.
- We attended a birthday party at Bounce Town on Saturday. It was great. Michael had so much fun and played so hard that he ate an entire piece of pizza. I'm pretty much convinced that this place is the best party place ever.
- Michael will be having his birthday party at Bounce Town this Saturday. This is the first year that I'm really looking forward to his birthday party. I can't wait to see him with all of his friends.
- To prepare for Michael's party I have been asking grilling him on who everyone is in a class picture we have. I want to make sure I can remember all their names. I also need to make some notes on their mom's names so I can try to look at least a little socially competent.
- I have decided that I won't be buying any more of Glad's Force Flex garbage bags. It's not because they don't work, they do. In fact, they are excellent. The reason I don't want to use them anymore is because when I pull a fresh one from the package I look at the limp bag and it looks just like my heavily stretch mark ridden tummy. Seriously, the similarity is scary. I'd prove it, but I am so not posting a picture of my tummy on here. (London, this confession was for you.)
- As a family treat for our rough winter, we decided to take a few days and head down to Disney world at the end of the month. Andy proposed the idea, and I think he was shocked when I agreed immediately. I normally have to mull over big stuff like that, but right now, I really think we need it.