Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Funky

I'm in the middle of a blogging funk. This is my first one after blogging for almost two years, so I guess that's not too bad. But, it is a little weird feeling.

Have you ever noticed that when you haven't been getting enough sleep for a while (you know, like when you have a baby) and then you finally get that wonderful night of sleep that it only makes you realize just how freaking tired you really are? It's always disappointing because you think you will be well rested, but instead you are just alert enough to realize that you need about two more weeks of solid sleep before you will feel human again.

Well, I think that's what I'm going through, but instead of sleep it's having a healthy household. We have been relatively illness free over the past two weeks and it's awesome. But, it's helped to highlight just how tired, stressed out, and behind we are from just trying to make it through the rough winter. It's a real treat, but I feel like my mind is trying to catch up after months of just trying to get by.

Hopefully, we'll all stay healthy for a little while and I get the chance to get my wits together again.

I do have a few things I want to touch on, so I think I'll go with a little randomness to catch up.

  • We attended a birthday party at Bounce Town on Saturday. It was great. Michael had so much fun and played so hard that he ate an entire piece of pizza. I'm pretty much convinced that this place is the best party place ever.
  • Michael will be having his birthday party at Bounce Town this Saturday. This is the first year that I'm really looking forward to his birthday party. I can't wait to see him with all of his friends.
  • To prepare for Michael's party I have been asking grilling him on who everyone is in a class picture we have. I want to make sure I can remember all their names. I also need to make some notes on their mom's names so I can try to look at least a little socially competent.
  • I have decided that I won't be buying any more of Glad's Force Flex garbage bags. It's not because they don't work, they do. In fact, they are excellent. The reason I don't want to use them anymore is because when I pull a fresh one from the package I look at the limp bag and it looks just like my heavily stretch mark ridden tummy. Seriously, the similarity is scary. I'd prove it, but I am so not posting a picture of my tummy on here. (London, this confession was for you.)
  • As a family treat for our rough winter, we decided to take a few days and head down to Disney world at the end of the month. Andy proposed the idea, and I think he was shocked when I agreed immediately. I normally have to mull over big stuff like that, but right now, I really think we need it.

13 comments:

LauraC said...

I go through regular blog funks, like once a year I think "I am SO DONE with blogging" since I come up with witty stuff and people rarely comment.

I just power through and a week later, I am back to my awesome blogself.

Seriously peoples, the boys comparing the size of their bananas does not entice you to leave a comment?!

London said...

I've been in a funk lately too. I guess people are probably tired of hearing me complain. Even about my one itty bitty stretchmark, lol. I hope y'all can stay healthy for a while too!

Kara said...

I think we all go through these funks sometimes. Everyone needs a little time to re-charge.

Yay for Disney! You will have a lot to blog about after that trip.

Heidi O said...

I went through a big blog funk last year. And it seems to happen when things are tough or just starting to get better.

I appreciate your wit and candor.

DesiDVM said...

I'm always in a blog funk LOL. That's why I only post once a week (sometimes less). My mind is so filled with stuff that's interesting and profound to me, but when I sit down to blog...I got nuthin. And other things that have completely taken over my mind and life (ie the saga of getting the baby to STTN)are probably not all that interesting to other people. Plus I'm sooooo tired all the time, if I have a spare minute the last thing I want to do is think about putting together a coherent sentence. But I do like blogging, so I keep at it for some reason.

Bounce Town sounds like a great idea! We just had J's birthday and although it was a successful party, I'm thinking next year leave the setup/cleanup to someone else!

Steph said...

You will love having Michael's party away from your house and in a controlled kid friendly environment. Cooper's party last weekend was SO EASY having it at BounceU. Totally worth it.

I know exactly what you mean about the good sleep making you realize how tired you really are. I am sure I will be there soon if I'm not already.

Have fun at Disney! We have talked about going and I wonder whether Cooper will like it or be tall enough to do all the rides he would want to?

And, YAY for staying healthy!!!

MyWorld said...

That's why I found you don't play around with the funky cold medina . . . Break it down . . .

(Sorry, the word "funky" makes me start singing that song.)

I was kind of getting worried about you, your blog is one of many that I look forward (and almost expect) to read daily.

There are days when my husband is around that I basically just shut down. I know he's here so I just sort of shut off. It's like I can finally let my guard down and just relax a little, but when I relax a little it just takes over and I'm just done.

Have fun at Disney. Want to take a cute little blonde with you? My daughter recently announced she wants to go. I think we're a couple of years away from Disney, though.

Karen said...

I definitely have blog funks on a regular basis. It seems like there is so much to blog about but when I finally sit down to do it, I can't compose the post!

YAY for your trip to Disney!! Can't wait to hear all about it and how Michael does as you know we are going in October.

Stacey said...

I'm in a permablogfunk. I hope yours goes away because I love reading your posts.

Disney will be awesome!!

Beth said...

Yep--me too. Two years without one, though, that's impressive. Yay for Bounce House and birthday parties, and double YAY (that would be yay, yay) for Disney! Definitely something to look forward to.

Karla said...

Bounce Town sounds like a blast! We had a bounce house for Devin's birthday last week-end and that thing was an entertainment and behavior miracle! Awesome!

I hope you guys have a blast at Disney!!

JenFen said...

You are in good company. I have had many times where I have been too busy to blog and I am really busy right now with moving and stuff but lately, even when I have stuff to blog about, I just haven't felt like it. I keep telling myself to keep it at it b/c even if it ends up being boring to other people, it is still a great way to record the kids childhood. And this is the first time in the 2+ years I have been blogging that I just really haven't felt like it so we are the same in that too.

I am excited for you guys - Michael's party sounds like so much fun. I wish we had a bounce place near us. But I can relate to other's comments about how stress free it is to have the party away from home. Jake's bowling alley party last year was the least stressed I have ever been. No cleaning before or after. yeah.

Also so glad to hear you have all been well and hope you have a great time at Disney.

Deanna said...

We could all post photos of our post-baby bellies! Then we can have a "my stretch marks are worse than yours" competition...and the winner would get...would get...ummm...ummm...I haven't thought this through very well. Let's put that idea on the back burner, okay? In the meantime I'll deliberate some more on whether I really want the blogosphere knowing that my belly button has collapsed in on itself.

I know the feeling about finally getting enough rest to realize how tired you are. Both Hubby and I are sick right now and hoping the little dude doesn't get it, too.

Hubby has been against a Disney trip but we've been watching Disney movies lately so I'm thinking I can talk him into a trip in the next few years. Take photos! Blog about it! Do they make Mickey-Mouse-Margaritas? a mouse-arita?