Wednesday, July 28, 2010

From the Department of Redundancy Department

You know what? I'm tired of posting about Michael being sick. It's getting really, really old. I don't want to describe the various forms of puke and poop I've gotten to experience as a mother. I don't want to complain about having to get up in the middle of the night to tend to a sick child. I want to post about how much fun we are having, the cool things we are doing, how sweet and cuddly Michael has become.

But, this past weekend was all about Michael being sick and not being able to do anything because I'm not thoughtless enough to take a kid with a stomach bug to a birthday party. Quarantining a 4 year old on a super hot summer day means being trapped in the house with a slightly cranky, slightly hyper kid who does not want to be inside. It's not much fun.

So, I'm hoping that Michael actually stays healthy for a few days so I can get back to blogging about things I want to blog about instead of the same old song and dance.

8 comments:

LauraC said...

Not sure if you notice but if you ever go through my archives, I barely talked about the kids being sick. But I ASSURE YOU they were sick nonstop for the first two cold and flu seasons. I just reached a point where I couldn't even talk about it. I needed the blog to escape, to talk about the good moments.

Plus I ran out of ways to say "THIS SUCKS"

Lindsay said...

It will get better! Each of those bugs is one he won't catch again. Or, you know, what Laura said.

Mel said...

Sorry you guys are having such a rough time. Maybe he is getting all of his "sick" for the year out of the way, and you will have a great 2nd half:) Hopefully!

Deanna said...

Hang in there! His immune system is going to be killer! hee hee! get it? a pun? killer immune system? I crack myself up.

DesiDVM said...

This is one reason I've stopped posting about our ongoing ridiculous sleep issues with the baby. Everyone knows it sucks, no one wants to hear about it sucking, but it's the only thing I can think to write about some days...so the blog sits blank.

Beth said...

I hear you,sista. I'd send healthy vibes your way, but I need to hoard them. Hang in there! It gets better, I swear!

Karen said...

Someone told me it gets better after the first 2 years in daycare....this was true for us. That would bring you right to the start of kindergarten, right?

Julie said...

Oh no, not again! Poor you, poor Michael. It does TOTALLY suck. I hope you get back to blogging about good moments and funny stories soon. Its hard to think of anything good when you are dealing with puke/poop.