Thursday, July 8, 2010

Randomity Randomness

Michael has suddenly become afraid of the dark so we bought him a new light for his bedroom. It's a bit too bright. He's also still in the coughing and gagging stage of his most recent cold. If you combine these two things, you end up with a kid who's not sleeping well and a mommy blogger that can't form coherent thoughts.

So, randomness!

  • I discovered that I've been listening to the New Moon soundtrack too much when I heard Michael singing along with "I Belong to You" by Muse. He's also been singing some Linkin Park, but he picked that up from Youtube.
  • We purchased a new elliptical and it was delivered yesterday. The difference between the old and the new is like the difference between a used Yugo and a Mercedes.
  • I knew the old elliptical's distance meter was off, I just didn't realize how bad it was. I suspect it shorted me between 40-50 500 in 2010 miles. I'm a little annoyed about that.
  • I'm still being influenced by the overly cute Wow Wow Wubzy speak, as you can see by my blog title. I apologize, but I can't guarantee that it won't continue. It's a sickness.
  • After reading a number of really good young adult novels I was starting to wonder why young adults have better literature than adults. At that point I realized that maybe I should take a break from Fantasy books so I raided the summer reading tables at B&N. I always forget how much I love Hemingway until I pick him up again.
  • Since I have such limited free time as a working mom, I decided to pick up the new Harry Potter Lego game to suck up the last remnants of free time I was actually able to find.
  • For the first time in the many years we have been together, Andy now knows what it feels like to have the TV taken over by someone playing a video game. I kind of like it. I'm considering taking over the remote too.
  • No, not really. I've tried taking over the remote before and I always fail. In fact, I strongly suspect that it's only a matter of time before Andy takes over my Harry Potter game too.
  • In other evilly evil news, I mentioned to my 74 year old father that a 74 year old man kicked my butt at the 5k. "So kid, what was your time anyway? When I was running last summer I was doing about an 11 minute mile..." I told him my time and pointed out that I would beat him. I promise you, it's driving him crazy right now.
  • It's a good thing the new elliptical has interval training on it. I'm going to need the added boost once my dad can no longer stand the idea that I can beat him at a race and starts running again.
  • And of course, when Andy takes over my Harry Potter game, I'll have more time to train.

7 comments:

LauraC said...

You will never get the remote. Remote power can not be transferred. 10 years together and I still have remote power.

Karen said...

I never get the remote either.

So funny that you mentioned the young adult novels. I have read a few recently and they have been page turners. Much more so than the adult books I have been getting recently.

London said...

I caught Batman singing a Lifehouse song the other day and he loves the song "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse.

Stacey said...

Do you read adult fantasy? It's my favorite genre. I highly recommend The Name Of The Wind if you haven't read it yet.

JenFen said...

Harry Potter Legos ROCKS! My hubby and kids are addicted. I just like to watch and see what they do with the characters and scenes. It's pretty cool. Joe stayed up 2 hours later than usual playing it last night after the kids went to bed.

I was by the way, reading. : )

Deanna said...

I just read "Hissy Fit" the other weekend - adult novel, totally funny, no fantasy (unless you count her watching to slap the woman who was going to be her mother-in-law), and made me want to shop for antiques. It's the first book I've read in about a year that wasn't written for teenagers!

Our elliptical is about 3 years old - we bought it when I was pregnant so I could have a low impact exercise. ha ha ha ha!!! Whatever - I was too busy eating hamburgers. Now, though, I'm on that thing 4 to 5 nights a week - love it but hate its mileage tracker. I have no idea how I can do 40 minutes of interval training and only go 1.25 miles when I'm peddling that hard. Even Hubster says it's off so I'm going with that.

Julie said...

Proof that I have no control over the remote? Bill is currently watching WWE Smackdown.

I love Wubbzy too--those little music videos are so catchy. Lana asked me what do you think Wubbzy feels like to touch. I asked her what she thought. She said--a lemon.