Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Funny Because it's True

Andy and I took off yesterday because Andy had a doctor's appointment and needed me to drive him. * That left us with the afternoon free so we decided to pick Michael up from school and take him to see Despicable Me. Michael sat quietly throughout the movie, and at times I wondered if he was bored, but he seemed to enjoy the movie and danced in his seat at the dance party at the end.

I, however, loved the movie. Andy and I both got some good belly laughs out of it. I particularly liked when Gru (the good bad guy) went to get a lone for his next diabolical plan. The bank sign read, "Bank of Evil" and then in small print underneath, "Formerly Lehman Brothers." I thought that was a nice touch.

My favorite line of the entire movie was when the little girls asked Gru to read their favorite story book again. He told them that the book had been "Accidentally, maliciously destroyed."

I think there are a few Scooby Doo books that could use a little accidental, malicious destruction.



*No, nothing is wrong. Andy just can't drive for several hours after getting his eyes dilated. That's so not interesting I couldn't even bring myself to include it in the main text of the post.

3 comments:

London said...

LOL We have a Scooby Doo meets Batman DVD (Don't ask!) so if Michael and B-man ever get to meet we'll be able to entertain them both!

Since we've started school we've outlawed morning cartoons on school days. To make up for this he gets to watch them during lunch. Guess what's on everyday at lunch time? Caillou...please, shoot me. Unfortunately, PBS and my TV cannot be "accidentally, maliciously destroyed."

Mama Mia said...

i have wanted to take B to see that movie...now nice you guys got to spend time together!

Julie said...

I took Lana to that movie and she also danced in her seat at the end :)

I loved the movie too--quite funny and sweet.