- Michael's daycare teacher decided to change careers so there has been a little bit of upheaval at school. His old teacher was great and everyone was sad to see her go. I think this change played a part in Michael's recent tearful drop offs. Drop off went well this morning, so hopefully he's adjusting to the new teacher. I'm picking him up today, and I'm looking forward to meeting her for the first time.
- My mom took Michael to get his haircut last week. It wasn't the best hair cut ever, and my mom actually made the mistake of mentioning how bad it was in front of him. I think she thought I would be upset with her because she took him. I wasn't. She did me a favor by taking him.
- When one of my neighbors saw Michael she asked him if he got a hair cut. He responded, "No, I got a horrible haircut." The laugh we got out of that almost made up for the $12 I paid for the hack job.
- Michael has entered a very loving and affectionate stage and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm not sure which I love more; when he says, "Come sit next to me mommy because I love you" or when I walk into the living room to find Michael sitting pressed up next to Andy, both of them looking relaxed and content.
- I've discovered a very odd side effect to running. I've never been into pop music, but now that I'm working on increasing my pace, I've discovered that pop music tends to make excellent running music. So, for the first time in my life, I've actually been listening to pop music stations searching for songs to add to my play list. How weird is that? It's almost like being a teenager.
- Speaking of almost being like a teenager, Michael gave himself his first bath. He's been getting more independent in the tub, but I've still helped him with the actual hair and hiney washing. On Sunday night he decided he didn't need my help and kicked me out of the bathroom. I respected his request and hovered just outside the bathroom and only peaked in a few times. Aside from the fact that he washed his butt with shampoo, he did a great job!
- Next, maybe we'll tackle teaching him how to get his clothes on right side out and front side front.
- On second thought, considering his habit of slowly shedding clothes throughout the day, maybe we should just work on getting him to keep the clothes on.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
After taking a week off, I'm having a little trouble getting back into the swing of things. So, lets do some randomness to catch up a little.