Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kids These Days

Man, kids these days have the coolest stuff. When I was a kid, we had TV's with knobs that would fall off if you turned them to fast. Now kids have HDTV, DVR's and the iTouch. When I was a kid, we had shoes, kids today have sneakers with heels that light up. When I was a kid, we had beds with head board, kids today have this:

Photobucket

Tell me that bed isn't completely awesome.



Photobucket

Go ahead, tell me that you don't want to curl up in there and read.

You can't can you? That's because that bed is awesome! I'm tempted to kick Michael out and take his room over for myself. I would love to sleep in a nice little nest like that, or curl up underneath and read and listen to my iPod. Do you think Andy would mind if Michael took my place in bed?

Yeah, probably.

Plus, there is no way I'm getting Michael out of there. He loves his new bed.

Photobucket

Plus, look at all that extra space! He could fit another ten or so stuffed reptiles in there with him.


11 comments:

Beth said...

Wow--I totally want that bed. Maybe I'll get one for each of the boys, too!

LauraC said...

We are considering those beds for the new room. Depends on whether or not our house sells fast. If it does then we're totally getting the Pottery Barn Star Wars bedding! If not, Ikea.

MyWorld said...

It's his first man cave! Love it!

Maria said...

That is one awesome bed! Do they make them in adult size?

Lindsay said...

My nephews have those beds. So cool! Plus, I heard you can bunk them if needed.

Sadia said...

Lucas keeps wanting to get our girls that bed ... despite the fact that they have perfectly serviceable ones that fit nicely in their room!

DesiDVM said...

You sound like me when we got J the twin-size racecar bed (so expensive for a fricking molded plastic bed!!). But that bed is awesome, and you're only a little kid who really appreciates a tent over your bed once...

Karen said...

The tent totally makes the bed! He looks so happy too.

Julie said...

The knobs would fall off if you turned them too fast--LMAO!

Love the bed--seriously that is awesome!

Karla said...

That bed *IS* way cool!

Kara said...

Awesome bed!