Thursday, September 30, 2010

Phase I

I've completed phase I of my little landscaping project. If you don't remember, I posted a picture of my front yard this summer. It looked like this:

Photobucket

It's not pretty, is it. I hung on to those Black-Eyed-Susans because they attract Gold Finches for a few weeks each summer, but once I really looked at them I realized that a finch feeder might be a better way to go.

So, over the past several weeks I've taken some time to get in there and start cleaning things up. Phase I is now complete.


IPhotobucket

I removed more than a trashcan full of Black-Eyed-Susans, gnarly mums, and yellow and green shrubs. I think it looks much better than it did.

Phase II will involve buying new mums and getting some pumpkins for the Halloween season.

Phase III will include ripping out the evergreen shrub on the right and replacing it with something similar. I was going to do that this fall, however we have had a very dry summer and fall and I was concerned that we were going to have water restrictions placed on us. I decided to hold off on it until the spring. Of course, we are supposed to get about 6 inches of rain today, so it would have been a non-issue, but it's a little too late now.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow - it looks better already!

Mel said...

Looking good! I do like the black eyed Susans, though.